ID:2696211

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Ability to CTRL Click function/atoms to take you their definition

example:

`/obj/NPC/Clothes/Shoes`

CTRL clicking NPC would take you to the first NPC definition found
CTRL clicking Clothes would take you to the first Clothes definition found
CTRL clicking Shoes would take you to the first Shoes definition found

same format would apply for functions:

`src.doSomething()`
CTRL clicking doSomething would take you to the function definition (if the function its being called in is a mob/player then it would be the mob/player definition of `doSomething` but fallback to the mob definition if one was not found

as a bonus request it would be nice if double clicking a word highlights all instances of it in your open dm file
This has been desired since wayyyy back in 2012 with id:1067209 and, tangentially related, the ability to see override nodes in the object tree has been desired in id:2319377.

To compare this to something modern IDE's do, Visual Studio lets you press (by default) F12 while your cursor is on a class, function, variable, etc. and it'll take you to its definition.

I can't overstate how incredibly handy it is to zip around this way, and I'd love to see this make its debut in Dream Maker at some point.

In the meantime, you might be interested in getting Visual Studio Code working for your project. Spacemaniac's langserver enables working with DM code right in VSCode, and also brings with it some very nice features like go-to-definition, code autocompletion, find all references, and a bunch of other super handy tools.
In response to Spevacus
Spevacus wrote:
This has been desired since wayyyy back in 2012 with id:1067209 and, tangentially related, the ability to see override nodes in the object tree has been desired in id:2319377.

To compare this to something modern IDE's do, Visual Studio lets you press (by default) F12 while your cursor is on a class, function, variable, etc. and it'll take you to its definition.

I can't overstate how incredibly handy it is to zip around this way, and I'd love to see this make its debut in Dream Maker at some point.

In the meantime, you might be interested in getting Visual Studio Code working for your project. Spacemaniac's langserver enables working with DM code right in VSCode, and also brings with it some very nice features like go-to-definition, code autocompletion, find all references, and a bunch of other super handy tools.

cool I forgot that vs extension was a thing, thanks!
I'd recommend using the BYOND extension pack https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/ items?itemName=ss13.byond due to including some more support like syntax highlighting and comment completion.