ID:2697616

Hello. I have been trying for awhile now with two others who have tried helping with getting byond to open on my computer and it simply just won’t. We have tried almost everything like ending it task manager, reinstalling it, uninstalling old things, trying a new antivirus, firewall off and on etc. Byond on has always worked on my older computers and laptops but for some reason it’s not now. My current pc is a HP pavilion and is a windows 10 if that helps. Please help me with any suggestions and or advice on how to get to open and work. Thanks!

The thing that usually turns out to be the problem in these cases is if OneDrive has taken over your documents folder. BYOND starts out with Documents\BYOND as its data folder, but for some reason it can't work with OneDrive-mounted folders or network folders, and it isn't at all clear why.

You can create a new user data path without OneDrive such as C:\BYOND, and then switch to it by opening the registry editor (type "regedit" in the start menu) and going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dantom\BYOND and editing the "userpath" value to point to your new path.