ID:269875

I need some help as to how to warp maps. If anyone doesn't know what I just said, here's an example: Player1 goes from town 1 to world map. World map is in another map file. How would I make it so he could go there?
turf/Return3//name of your turf
Enter()//duh enter
usr.loc = locate(98,77,1)//just change (x,y,this is the map) so change it to 2 for map 2 etc
In response to Derekjeterisgod
Not that douche. I know about coordinates. I'm saying if it was like this: Town.dmp(the town your in) World.dmp(the world map) How would I send the player to another map file?
In response to Game Sage
Douche? OK, you don't want help, be more specific next time.
In response to Derekjeterisgod
Sorry about that, it's just that I'm so friggin' frusrated at tryin to figure this out. I've been asking some of the best coders I've ever known and they dont know either.
In response to Game Sage
They would.
Swapmaps, search it.
In response to Game Sage
Game Sage wrote:
I've been asking some of the best coders I've ever known and they dont know either.

Either they don't know very much or you are misunderstanding them like you did Derek. Calling them a douche does not help any.

Derek did give you decent advice, even if the code was not solid.

When multiple maps are included into a single world, the extra maps get tacked on as extra coordinates along the z axis. If map1.dmp has 3 z layers and map2.dmp has 2 z layers, in the game layers 1-3 will be map1.dmp 1-3 and 4-5 will be map2.dmp 1-2. Therefor, locate(1,1,5) will get the turf you put at 1,1,2 on map2.dmp.
In response to Loduwijk
wow, that even helped me! Thanks!