ID:2699643

Work on the independent particle stuff has moved a bit forward, but again I've been dealing with some weird bugs and they just get weirder. Just before going into this short week, as you may recall I was hit with a bug report about particles not updating that really needed a deeper fix, and so I've actually spent way, way too much time on that. The good news about that is that I might at some point be able to leverage those changes so that for instance a vector datum can be altered and alert a particle datum it's used in, so that could potentially be pretty cool. I'm not quite there yet on syntax but the underlying mechanics are mostly there now.

Another bug that took a lot of attention involved alpha masking again, but for once it wasn't because of 514's texture atlases. It has in fact has been around since the filter was introduced in 513. It was not a fun fix to investigate.

Speaking of more awful-to-investigate bugs, I'm looking into a weird issue reported by a few people regarding mouse input starting to stack up when the client is lagging behind, which basically shouldn't happen. I mean I can think of reasons for it to happen, but the weird part is this appeared suddenly in a relatively recent beta build, so there must be a reason but it isn't obvious.

So a lot of that sort of thing has been popping up, but that happens now and then. Anyway it's all moving forward, which is good.

Big thanks as always to the BYOND Members and other donors who make all this work possible. I appreciate all the support and couldn't do this without you.

Next week, it stops raining! No, not really. Tomorrow it stops raining. Next week is gonna be hot garbage like the last several. This summer is a train wreck. Hopefully we can cancel winter before it ships.