ID:269977

If you create a Game , And you have dial-up , when you host your own game , will it run slower for other players?
Of course.
In response to XxDragonFlarexX
What If I get a 24/7 Server?
In response to Qui-Gon-Jinneh
As in buying a server for your house? Well if its a good server it might be a little better but it wont change the fact that the connection your using is dial up. So nevertheless it will be slow.
In response to Darkcard
So is There Any Point In me Hosting /Making My Game?
there is *always* a point to making your own games, and if you have the resources, hosting is important too!

if your game is not too complex, low in graphics, and designed for playing with a max of 3-4 players, then you might be able to host via dial-up.

try doing a search (notice i said 'search', not make a post) for hosting or hosts in the Classified Ads section of the forum- there are often several people willing to host your game for free or for a small fee.
In response to digitalmouse
You could always have someone with a better connection host it for you.
In response to Flame Sage
Yeah , Thats What I Want To do , But im Not ure what The Code Is Because When i sent Him The Files , He Became Head GM , Im Not sure what the code is so that i will still be it.
...Ugh. The capitalisation! Please capitalise correctly - People use it to figure out where seperate blocks of text begin and end.

Additionally, that would be because you're granting 'Head GM' privileges to the host, not to a particular key. Also, read this
In response to Jp
Ok fine , Can Anyone Help me with my problem , when someone hosts my game , they get Master Moderator abilities , so does anyone have a solution on how to change this please?
That a bit better?
The game must be including code to give the host moderator powers. Evidently you didn't make this game from scratch, otherwise you'd know how to stop it from doing that. =)

I can't actually help you because I can't see the code. You'll have to work out how it's doing that yourself. If you know how to program, it shouldn't take you too long; if you don't, you really need to! Learn to walk before you try to run...
In response to Crispy
Yeah , I Didnt Do the Game from Scratch , But i didnt just get a source and publish it , My programmings Ok , Ive Put it so that The Host gets the basic gm verbs , like mute and boot etc. its just that , when i host my own game afterthis , i lose head mod , but i think ive worked out how to do it , Hopefully . . .