ID:270385

Is it possible to completely take out the panel area and the text box, ultimately leaving just the playing screen using DM code?
You can take out the panel area easily. Just don't use Stat() and take out the verbs, or at least hide them. About the text area, you probably won't be able to do that until 4.0 is released if even then.

[Edit]
Actually, I think there are two variables that allow you to choose if you want them to be visible or not. Look those up. Of course, if you're not going to use the panels at all, might as well convert the verbs to procs called by HUD items.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
The BYOND verbs system is really nice, so unless it's purely graphical (which will presumably be doable in BYOND 4) you still want that functionality in there.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
You can take out the panel area easily. Just don't use Stat() and take out the verbs, or at least hide them. About the text area, you probably won't be able to do that until 4.0 is released if even then.

I wouldn't count on that for sure. I don't know the extend of 4.0's interface flexibility but it's considerable.

Lummox JR