ID:270457

While using dream seeker, if you issue the $ping command you get a jolly little piece of info telling you your address, courtesy of BYOND. I was wondering, is there a way to force that command from within a proc or the like?

The reason being is that I'm working on my own little BYOND server communication suite and I've noticed that the world.address var is incorrect when a server is connected to a router (you get the internal IP address instead of the gateway IP).
You could use a javascript script to get the IP there isp gives them there are plenty of samples out there http;//www.hotscripts.com or google :P
In response to A.T.H.K
Well I guess but I'd prefer to stick with the DM script, since running external script languages means less platform independence...
Perpetr8r the Perpetu8r wrote:
Well I guess but I'd prefer to stick with the DM script, since running external script languages means less platform independence...

Yeah right. DM isn't platform-independant as it is; it only works in full on Windows. Javascript is less platform dependant than DM is by a longshot.