ID:2706173

This has been a really weird week because my development has been interrupted at times by the mosquito invasion I mentioned last week. Suffice it to say it's taken a physical and mental toll. But, I've kept working ahead.

Early in the week I spent time looking into issues in 514 to button them up, and I did some major cleanup on the codebase that was overdue. The skin editor upgrades I'd made were intended to allow me to jettison old code that was taking a long time to compile and was just a pain to work with, and now I can finally do that. That'll be nice for the next release build, even though realistically it only shaves off a couple minutes. It was just so annoying that Dream Maker took so much longer to compile than any other frontend application.

In the latter half of the week, I got a little derailed but in a good way, turning my attention back to a small passion project that should pave a way forward for a lot of things. Namely, I'm working on the underpinnings for styled text handling that will be needed for on-map input and output controls. I'm finally reaching a point where I'm more comfortable with that code, and hope to move forward on the actual interface part of it and build a proof-of-concept input. All of that is really for 515 at least, not 514, but still it's interesting and it's fun to work on. so that's where I'm putting my energy at the moment. Anyway people want this.

So although I've stalled a bit on the 514 stable release, that's still coming and I'm happy with where things are going. I think good things are gonna be in the pipeline for 515.

Thanks everyone who's helped support BYOND lately through Membership or the other donation channels. It's really appreciated. Your contributions keep it all running and make it possible for me to keep working on new stuff.

Right now I'm passively murdering my tiny foes, so hopefully it'll be a blissful (by comparison) weekend and next week I'll have more sleep to go on, unless the return of wet weather causes the cycle to repeat. If you've got it nice, make the most of it.