ID:271750

How would you code so that you are able to change what the user is looking at without actually moving them there?
You could view other players using a Whatch verb (Usually in Admin / GM Demos)Which allows you to view the player without moving your character.
In response to BEVAN
Well yeah, but I mean how would I code that? I tried tampering with the view variable but it didn't do me anything.
In response to Demon Wrath4
use client.eye
mob
verb
Watch(mob/M as mob in world)
if(usr.see) // if they're already watching someone
usr.see=0
usr.client.eye=usr // make them go back to themself
usr<<"You stop watching."
else /// else if its not 1
usr.client.eye=M // make it watch the target
usr.see=1
usr<<"You watch [M]"

mob/var/see=0 // var for the verb.
In response to Scizzees
So if I simply wanted it to go to a location, I'd just have it say usr.client.eye = locate(x,y,z) and their view would change to that location?
yep
In response to Dex22
Alright, thank you guys a ton for the help. I've been wondering this for awhile and finally decided to ask.
Alright, well it works if the target is within my own vision, but if he's not it's completely black. So how would I fix this?
In response to Scizzees
I did some more experimentation with the code and it seems that I can only see what the target's view is IF I am also in their view. This isn't quite what I need since I need to view them no matter where they are so I need to know how to make it that way.