ID:2718243

BYOND Version:514
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 94.0.4606.61
Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: Source code works on one computer but not another computer. When I run the source in dream maker there are no errors and when it launches 'options and messages' pops up at the top left. It says i'm connected... then it says connection dies, and the game never loads up.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem: I've cleared byond cache. I've factory reset the computer. Reinstalled byond. No source code errors.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results: I expect the source to launch the game for test runs.

Actual Results: I get connection died in 'options and messages' and the game never starts up.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Everytime.
In other games? No other source or game.
In other user accounts? NA
On other computers? Works on other PC

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

If the game actually crashed, you should have a crash message in the Windows event viewer. But if it didn't crash, this might not be a BYOND bug at all. Unfortunately you've provided nothing to investigate.
In response to Lummox JR
What are some things I can provide better?
I would need crash details if there were a crash. The source would be useful for investigating, but only if I can get it to happen myself.