ID:271943

Im just a bit new to coding and im trying to make an invisibility verb.

mob
special
verb
Invisibility()
set category = "Fighting"
usr.invisibility = 1
spawn(30)
usr.invisibility = 0

That there is what I tried. It gives me an error? anyone mind clearing this up for me? Thanks in advance. =]
whats wrong with it???

also, if it doesn't make you visible again, make spawn(30) a sleep(30) instead.

if its compile errors, most likely inconsistent indentation
try tabbing things over again...
seems set category is one too far if thats the case.
In response to Superbike32
Its a compile error?

Technique List.dm:10:error::invalid expression

Thats what it says. From the little coding I have done I Havnt seen that error before..Also No one has mentioned the error on these forums.. Do you happen to know what it means?
In response to CK Productions
try changing the spawn(30) to sleep(30) or else it might not be this piece of code at all.
It helps when you tell us where line 10 is. One thing I noticed is you have set category tabbed in more than you have your other three in your verb.
I just tried that it still gives the same error. When I click on the Technique List.dm:10:error::invalid expression it brings me to the usr.invisibility = 1 line. If you could find out or somthing why it would be very helpful but, untill than im still going to try different things.
the one line is tabbed too far where you set category = "Fighting"

delete one of the tabs and move it back with the other text below it.

it always brings you to the next line for errors, usually anyways.
When I tried that it gives me four Inconsistant indentation errors. Wow this is confusing
In response to Michael3131
Michael3131 wrote:
It helps when you tell us where line 10 is. One thing I noticed is you have set category tabbed in more than you have your other three in your verb.

Oh, The Line is usr.invisibility = 1
make sure that it is all tabbed correctly, and that your using the tab key...

don't just use spaces.

Also, be aware that the set category thing should be tabbed one more than the line before it, and all text after it should be tabbed the same amount.
Its Tabbed Right I know that much. Its not an Inconsistent Indentation Error though. Technique List.dm:10:error::invalid expression Thats the error.
What you posted contains no errors aside from inconsistent indentation. Here's what it should look like:

mob
special
verb
Invisibility()
set category = "Fighting"
usr.invisibility = 1
spawn(30)
usr.invisibility = 0

That will give no errors (Though the spawn() should be a sleep() in this case, but that won't generate an error). If you are omitting any lines of code, you have to show us those as well.
In response to Garthor
OMG. Thanks so much. It works. =]