ID:272051

That code you gave me did nothing dude...

How would i make it..so when someone logs in..its Automatically makes a save file and Automatically saves it when they log out!

All you have to do..is place a save proc* after the login logout...Sorry if this sounds offensive..but it is not very hard.

*the save proc is most likely Save() or save()
In response to CK Productions
Well kinda new at this coding..but im gettin better ..thanks
Then your not using it right. Just like that guy said. Call AutoSave() at the end of the new character creation code. Thats all. Just put it in the right place.
In response to Dragonn
Dragonn wrote:
Then your not using it right. Just like that guy said. Call AutoSave() at the end of the new character creation code. Thats all. Just put it in the right place.

no, WRONG. Its very easy, have code that saves a mob, not this client/savemob crap that so many zeta rips use. No, make your code save the mob itself so the client abruptly disconnecting etc does nothing. Then, its just a matter of calling the save code in mob/Logout(). Make sure to do a few things, setting a mob variable to the client key on Login is one, as most save systems reference the persons key to avoid issues. Also make damn sure to figure out the timings of when a mob is deleted, make sure the save code happens before deletion.

Its really very easy, yet 90% of byond games cant do it.
In response to CK Productions
hmm well puting it under the logout proc will usually work but it doesnt EVERY time thats why i prefer to use a client/Del() proc as most of the people does