ID:272066

Well, I recently Helped make a skin for my game. There seems to be no problems with it..but a lot of the players are complaining that they seem to have missing buttons and the OOC text cuts out early. For me everything works perfectly and I see none of what they are saying.. What is the cause of it and how can i fix it? I have a feeling its because I have a larger computer screen than some others..but is there a way to make it so that it fits EVERYONES screen?

By the way, When I put out the update for the skin..I didn't change the OOC verb in any way.

Thanks in advance for the help
Did you tried resizing your screen to see if the anchoring of the elements remained correct?

When do most of these complaints occur, after a reboot? if so, tell them to close the DS and connect back - the skin seems to get messed up after reboots.
In response to GhostAnime
No, Most of them complain without a reboot. and we keep the screen locked in place. Here let me post a picture

Photobucket

They say that the verbs are cut off on the right, Also, Its the same with the text..Dose it have to do with the persons screen resolution. They say they have no scroll bar either.

Sorry for the bad picture..I had to shrink it A LOT.
In response to CK Productions
CK Productions wrote:
No, Most of them complain without a reboot. and we keep the screen locked in place. Here let me post a picture

Photobucket

They say that the verbs are cut off on the right, Also, Its the same with the text..Dose it have to do with the persons screen resolution. They say they have no scroll bar either.

Sorry for the bad picture..I had to shrink it A LOT.

What's your resolution?

Change your resolution to 1024x768, and make sure everything fits.
In response to Obs
O k i changed it to that screen resolution you listed..and it cuts A LOT off.. Wouldn't changing it to fit this resolution mess up the OTHERS badly?
Try auto-anchoring each element in the interface and than try the different resolution and see how it turns out after that.
Dood, Thanks a lot =] its working now in all resolutions. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: IT dosn't work in my 800x600 view..Dose anyone really use that though..it REALLY distorts like...EVERYTHING
Well, if you want it to work at that resolution, you would need to resize your interface window size setting and everything else to fit that resol. size (meaning <= 800x600).

Since this is usually a hassle, leave a noticable message that 800x600 resolution is currently not supported for your game.
O k, Thanks for the help. By any chance do you know if that resolution is used a lot? I don't want to use a skin if it will loose a lot of players.

Also, Do you have a way to make it so only certain people can see one part of the screen like a little GM box for GM speak...but only visible by GMs? Right now I'm using

M<<output("<b><font color = red>(GM Talk)([usr]: [msg]"," mainwindow.GM Text")

Which I thought was right but its not.
800x600 isn't really all that common, although I suppose it might still be fairly common among some people in BYOND (most people use at least 1024x768, and with LCD monitors getting more popular fairly frequently even larger resolutions)

As for the "GM" text box: just make it invisible by default and use winset to turn on it's visibility if you want them to see it. ("is-visible=true" IIRC, check the skin reference)
In response to Destroy
Destroy wrote:
As for the "GM" text box: just make it invisible by default and use winset to turn on it's visibility if you want them to see it. ("is-visible=true" IIRC, check the skin reference)

I know that. I mean to see the text IN that window and not in the main window
CK Productions wrote:
I know that. I mean to see the text IN that window and not in the main window

Hmm. What you posted earlier ( mob << output(text, control) ) is generally what you should need to do. I suppose it might have an issue with spaces in the control name, so try removing those (both in the output call and the skin file)
In response to Destroy
Tried that just now. No text =\ I'll look into the skin ref possibly? I don't know why its not working though. >.>