ID:272192

Is there some way I can block out parts of the player's vision? Say I want them just not to see the spot 3 spaces to the right and not 2 spaces left 4 down or something. Or is there a way I can at least limit their vision to only say 3 tiles around them instead of 6?
Changing the client's view variable will change how far they can see.

To block out specific portions of the screen, you can add just black objects to the client's screen variable.

To block out specific turfs for specific players, you would need to create an image object (using image()) located on that turf, set its layer to MOB_LAYER+1, and then output it to the players that you don't want to be able to see that turf.

The second two solutions won't prevent the player from interacting with objects that are "blacked out."
In response to Garthor
Ah I forgot about the view variabl, and thanks for the other advice. Thank you again.

*Edit* The view variable affects the screen size right? What if I only wanted to make it dark instead of literally changing the size of the screen? Or would that require your second idea?
In response to Demon Wrath4
Perhaps you are actually in fact looking for luminosity and see_in_dark?
In response to Kaioken
I'm not sure since I don't want it to be dark, just to dim thir vision unless you can somehow make it dark only for that user.
What exactly do you want this for? I took a guess since you said "dark", if you want to make a player only see so far in a dark cave or something, you can use the vars in my previous post for that.
In response to Kaioken
I want to use it for like if a player's vision temporarily becomes impared or weakened for a short amount time.
Then yeah, change his view var.
In response to Kaioken
I don't want to use that, but it looks like my choices are limited. Thank you.
Like I said, adding objects to client.screen will accomplish what you wanted in the first post.
In response to Garthor
Alright, I'll try this stuff out. Thanks again you two.