ID:272269

The reason I wish to do this is so I can test features such as trading, grouping, guilding, etc - Anything that requires a lot of exchange between two players, but without the need to have a real person constantly rejoining a server.

Is there a quick efficient way to do this so I may test features on the fly that require two participants?
Create a few commands to control the actions of an NPC.
In response to SuperAntx
Or transfer client.mob to another mob to get the job done.
Actually, I regret making this post but I guess it rocks for archive purposes!

I'm using Windows XP - what I did was right click BYOND (via my quick launch bar) and go to "Run As..." - Then I ran the program using the option to log a separate account to do so. I was then able to log on a completely separate key

With that, I connected to my local address ( 127.0.0.1:777 ) and was able to super-test features on the fly instantly. Very cool, and very effective.

Anyone viewing with the same curiosity but may be struggling, my pager is on a lot if you have any questions
In response to Tony WK
Sorry, but it's not much new at all. That's already how everybody does it. :P Also, it was easier before 4.0.

Tony WK wrote:
and go to "Run As..." - Then I ran the program using the option to log a separate account to do so. I was then able to log on a completely separate key

You don't need to go through all of that. Just start the world under one key, then logout of the pager, and relogin under a different key... and you can then open a new Dream Seeker window with that key and connect.