ID:2722835

It's been another week where not much happened on the surface but a lot happened under it. I've been reorganizing code and ripping stuff out to simplify it left and right, and I ain't done yet. The more I work on this map editor overhaul, the more I realize certain things are badly in need of a change. Code that sort of made sense on the client is now too specific to apply to more generic cases. It's really quite nice, actually, to be able to streamline so much of the frontend (and parts of the backend).

Yesterday however I did get back to work on the 514 bug report front, and dealt with some issues there. There are some more things to look at before I'm ready for the next maintenance release, but it hasn't been ignored while all this other work has gone forward.

I really need to spend some time next week to get back on the merch stuff, though. That got pushed a little to the side as I went crazy on this map overhaul, but now that it's calming down a little I really want to get back to that. I'd love more design ideas, so shoot them my way.

It all looks quiet up front but a lot of work is going on, and I'm grateful to all of you who've helped support BYOND, especially recently, for allowing this work to continue.

Halloween is getting closer! Get your costumes ready and keep working on your horror-themed games. And whatever you do, avoid the temptation to buy a bag of Take 5 and eat them by yourself in the dark.