ID:2725170

Resolved
Maptext miscalculated line height in some cases, causing the last line to be cut off in certain situations.
BYOND Version:514
Operating System:Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 94.0.4606.81
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Using maptext with few lines will not display the last line.

If I put a few breaklines to push it up it'll show it again as if the text is pushed down and the last line is hidden in the void.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
obj/text

maptext_width = 320
maptext_height = 320

// the rat line is hidden for some reason
maptext = {"<span style="color:#66ffff;"><b>Tutorial: The Wand Maker</b><br> - Ollivander<br><b>Rats in the Cellar</b><br> - Kill Rat: 49<br> </span>"}

// this one will work
//maptext = {"<span style="color:#66ffff;"><b>Tutorial: The Wand Maker</b><br> - Ollivander<br><b>Rats in the Cellar</b><br> - Kill Rat: 49<br> </span><br><br>"}obj/text

maptext_width = 320
maptext_height = 320

// the rat line is hidden for some reason
maptext = {"<span style="color:#66ffff;"><b>Tutorial: The Wand Maker</b><br> - Ollivander<br><b>Rats in the Cellar</b><br> - Kill Rat: 49<br> </span>"}

// this one will work
//maptext = {"<span style="color:#66ffff;"><b>Tutorial: The Wand Maker</b><br> - Ollivander<br><b>Rats in the Cellar</b><br> - Kill Rat: 49<br> </span><br><br>"}

Sample project, it only uses the above code though
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ 1n6GBvf7TnPJ3t3kp7agXJKr3C45cfgYT/view?usp=sharing

Expected Results:
Everything to be displayed, this used to work in a much older version.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I had no problems back in 512 but it's been awhile, if this proves to be hard bug to catch I can put in the effort to pinpoint the version.

Workarounds:
Adding
x2 seems to help.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Maptext miscalculated line height in some cases, causing the last line to be cut off in certain situations.