ID:272629

I recently made a skin for my game and the only problem is that I constructed it for my screen resolution. This means that people using resolutions greater than mine see black areas where the screen doesn't stretch to and people using lower resolutions have part of the screen cut off. How would I fix this problem?
Anchors.
In response to Andre-g1
Thanks a lot. I never would've figured it out. Seems so obvious now that I look back at the tutorial thing.
In response to Andre-g1
I lied, it didn't work. It still only works right using my resolution. All other resolutions don't work right still.
In response to Demon Wrath4
If you don't want an element to change it's size or position, set its anchors to none. If you want an element to resize in both X and Y axis, set the anchors to Top Left and Bottum Right. If you want the element to change only its X axis, set the anchors to Top Left and Top Right or Bottum Left and Bottum Right. If you want the element to change only its Y axis, set the anchors to Top Left and Bottum Left or Top Right and Bottum Right.
In response to Mizukouken Ketsu
That's not what I meant. The anchors work great, with my resolution. The entire skin is either too big or too small for other resolutions whether I set anchors or not.
In response to Demon Wrath4
Demon Wrath4 wrote:
That's not what I meant. The anchors work great, with my resolution. The entire skin is either too big or too small for other resolutions whether I set anchors or not.

My screen resolution is 1400x1050, and I know people that still use 800x600 and everything in between, from 1280x960 to 1024x768.

The best thing you can do is design the skin for as small a resolution as possible (I usually shoot for 800x600 or so) and anchor -everything- so it scales/repositions correctly. Screen resolutions are one of the many irritations of program design, and the best you can do is make it work on as many as possible.