ID:272775

Is it possible to do a "tooltip" type feature for when the mouse is hovering over a button element? That would actually be a nice update feature for BYOND :D but anyways...

I have a skill tree system in mind, but instead of using a ton of label elements to describe what each button will do, it would be nice to have a programmed tooltip to do that for me :). The only way I can really think of doing that would be to have a pop-up appear when you push the button with text describing the effects of applying a skill point to it, and then the option to confirm or cancel the application.
I already suggested a Mouseentered and MouseExited param for controls, and it doesn't look like it will be implemented any time soon, if at all =/
In response to Jeff8500
Awe but it'd be totally useful and save a lot of complicity >_> But back on topic... Is there a possible way to implement a tooltip type feature in this case?
In response to Jeff8500
In response to AJX
If you actually read the posts, you would realize that we were talking about skin controls (whose "vars" are called params).
In response to Jeff8500
I was under the impression that in the proc MouseEntered(object,location,control,params) would be called when it entered a new control because of the control parameter, not only when it went over an object in a control. My bad.