ID:273212

I've been thinking of starting a new project on my old production's key, and there's something that's been troubling me for a few days. I don't want players to wait at different sections of the game to (re)download parts of the game just so they can try out different commands and test the surroundings.

What I need to figure out is if there's a built-in procedure that'll allow me to make it so that players download every single bit of information needed so that they won't need to wait. Since this is going to be a 2D Shooter, I don't want players to leave because they got killed off from the "loading times" in the game. I've already had a friend ragequit from Oblivion because he had gotten killed during one of the famous "laggy loading times". I want the player to download all of the resources at the moment they enter the server.

So, is there a proc? I have yet to download the latest version. I currently have a version that's from two years ago, (can't play most games, and haven't played that much on BYOND) and am going to move on to the newest version. I'd just like to be mentally prepared to see if I have to make a custom proc or if I don't have to at all.
Generally a player will normally receive all of a game's resources when he joins.
Anyway, read the reference entry for preload_rsc.