ID:273577

How do I go about creating instanced maps, maps I can send a fraction of the population in game to, But still have the real predefined maps still available for all the others that didn't get sent to the instanced maps. I read many documents about swapmaps and maploaders, I was wondering if someone could shine some light on this.

Basically I want to know how to attach one or more players to an instanced map. But still have the real world map available for others. Instead of loading the entire world to a seperate map via maploaders.

Someone please help.
The easiest way I can think of would be to design your map out like normal, then use the SwapMaps library to copy your map to another location (eg a different z level or something). Then move some of the players to the copy of the map.
You can keep a reference to the map copy so you can destroy it later and reuse the space.
Couldn't you just relocate players to a different level? Based on your description, you may not need to swap maps in and out.

Just relocate the players you want to 1,1,2 (map 2) and leave the rest on 1,1,1 (map 1).

ts