ID:273611

ok I play a bleach game called Bleach Las Noches which has an update button in skin. Like you get your options and icon on top left.

ok i know how to add the update tab to skin and stuff but i dont know how to make it look like this

http://i54.tinypic.com/21k0cvo.png

in the picture u can see the back background and the yellow borders..and it as the top of the text.

questions:
1. how do i get the borders and background ?
2. this is done in custom skin browser, how would i get it in there?
3. When you output anything into and output like chat output it will scroll down to the bottom how would i keep it ontop? so it stays at the beggining.
Please note that my answer is a general one, because when I joined that game, I got an 'verb not accessible' error upon trying to reach the 'browser' and I'm certainly not going to dig through horribly designed GUI.

Vai God69 wrote:
borders and background

CSS

Vai God69 wrote:
how would i get it in [the browser]

browse(Body,Options), browse_rsc(File,FileName) and respectively output.

I'm completely unsure on what you meant to refer to as for your third point.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
ok i looked at al that stuff but i was wondering if you could help me with the coding part. When u click it the brower window pops up and theres a yellow border as u can seee and when u scroll up or down there is always that border.. so whether you scroll up or down the border stays in the same place
In response to Vai God69
Vai God69 wrote:
(...)i looked at al that stuff

I somehow seriously doubt that you properly managed to work through and comprehend a multiple pages CSS tutorial by the W3School within some minutes.
You're not supposed to 'look' at a reference/tutorial, but to carefully read and try to comprehend what is written there.

Vai God69 wrote:
(...)help me with the coding part

If you want to hire somebody to create (parts of) 'your' game, then the Classifed Ads forum, or even better, the BYOND Animé Classified Ads forum is the place to go. The Developers forum is less a 'beg for code' and more a 'learn how to accomplish something' forum.

Vai God69 wrote:
(...)a yellow border

As I pointed out, this is likely accomplished through CSS, more specifically, the CSS border attribute.
ive been looking at w3school for months. I just dont get the coding and stuff..
In response to Vai God69
Vai God69 wrote:
(...)months(...)

I surrender.

Please note that you're not going to learn anything, you're not going to know how to use this to your advantage, this is not a good way to handle what you described and that I'm not going to help you edit this when copy and pasting leaves you with errors because you simply don't understand what this does.
It is a sole quick and dirty example of what is visible on the referred game, created within a minute or two of boredom while taking a break from working through the official ActionScript3 guide.

var/const/HTML= {"
<html>
<head><title>I'm soo cool,...</title></head>
<body style="background-color:#AABBCC; border-style:ridge; border-width:thick; border-color:#FF0000; cursor:crosshair; scrollbar-base-color:#FF0000;">
...I can't even be bothered to spend the five minutes learning to write some lousy CSS!
Did <br>
you <br>
know <br>
that <br>
it <br>
isn't <br>
exactly <br>
difficult <br>
to <br>
learn <br>
something <br>
if <br>
one <br>
just <br>
invests <br>
some <br>
time <br>
and <br>
effort <br>
?
</body>
</html>"}

client
verb
Imlazy()
src << browse(HTML, "window=lazy")
wow dude tanks..i actually get it well a lil i was looking at all the wrong stuff before..thanks alot:)
In response to Vai God69
I suggest you re-read what he is saying.