ID:273613

I'm not a coder myself, but I was curious about something: Is there anyway to prevent the client from pressing a key. For instance if I wanted to prevent someone from pressing CTRL+PrtSc would there be a way to disable that while playing my game?
Print screen cannot be significantly blocked. Even if the BYOND software could block its use, it would only be able to do so while the game had focus. Then if someone wanted a screenshot, they could just click on the desktop (although they would have to crop the image in to get just the game, that's not much of a deterrent)

client/control_freak does allow you to block the F2 .screenshot macro (but not PrtScrn). Be aware that it's an all-or-nothing setting, however, and blocks several other things.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
client/control_freak does allow you to block the F2 .screenshot macro (but not PrtScrn). Be aware that it's an all-or-nothing setting, however, and blocks several other things.

If that was all you wanted to block, then you could just overwrite the macro on F2 with one of your own.
Doobly-Doo Productions wrote:
I'm not a coder myself, but I was curious about something: Is there anyway to prevent the client from pressing a key. For instance if I wanted to prevent someone from pressing CTRL+PrtSc would there be a way to disable that while playing my game?

Simply put. The ONLY way to not have your game's graphics stolen is to simply not show them. Obviously, you're not gonna go to those great strides so, I'd really not boggle my mind over it too much. You art will be ripped by people no matter how many hurdle's you put in the way.