ID:273632

Hi there i was wondering how would i be able to ake an obj walk faster than defualt tick.lke make it take more steps than normal.

I know its possible because my friend did it and it was fast.. but he hasnt come on in a couple of months so i turn to the forums.

im not sure if he used it in
move()
..()
sleep(2)
step(src,src.dir)

im trying to get this effect with out having to use step() in my verb. because u cant see the obj move . it just teleports.

im trying to avoid using this
 step(src,src.dir)
step(src,src.dir)
step(src,src.dir)

if i wanted it to take 3 steps
Look up walk proc and adjust the Lag value. This sounds like what you are trying to accomplish.
You can change the world.tick_lag, or (I believe you can do this from what I hear) write your own movement Datum?
In response to OrangeWeapons
i have figure out how to do this
move()
...()
sleep(2)
step(src,src.dir)

this works but i would like to know if its a bad way to do it..will it crash game or something.
In response to Vai God69
what you have accomplished here is equal to
walk(src,dir,2)
In response to Vai God69
You need to think, and use your head. Not just ask someone to give you the code, and if the answer isn't perfect, re-ask without testing yourself. I suggest purchasing one of these so called devices called the logic and reasoning portion of your brain at your local Brain-Mart.

A statement that does not have any ticks will bog down on the server. The object will be trying to move at an extremely fast pace, and could possibly cause the server to crash.

This is why it is bad to not have a delay in something such as a While() loop.

A movement loop is similar to a while loop, because when you make the object walk, it is constantly moving until some event stops it.