ID:273634

I am trying to make a text box appear on screen, which is working successfully. However, i am trying to make letters appear, one after the other, in the box, making it look as if the letters are being typed in. This works also, but the problem i have with it is that when i use sleep(1), it types too slowly.

Does anyone know how to make it type faster, without it all appearing immediately? (Decimals dont work, and any number <= 0 in sleep makes it appear immediately.)
The only way to get a shorter sleep is to change world.tick_lag, which has a bunch of probably-undesired effects. My advice is to just make the letters appear in chunks of 2 or 3 or 4, instead of 1 at a time.
In response to Garthor
Ah, that works. Thanks Garthor.
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
The only way to get a shorter sleep is to change world.tick_lag, which has a bunch of probably-undesired effects. My advice is to just make the letters appear in chunks of 2 or 3 or 4, instead of 1 at a time.

You can do sleep(world.tick_lag*n) w/ n as any positive integer, and it would reduce sleep times without causing undesired effects.
In response to CauTi0N
No, it wouldn't.
In response to Garthor
Either way, Garthor's way works just fine. Thanks anyway.