ID:273674

Well, the title is a bit long and may seem confusing so let me elaborate here:

Many people like to host their own games, but when they host with Dream Daemon or Dream Seeker (with a port) no one is able to login to the game because of their router or firewall. With this said it still displays the server live and who its being hosted by. I was wondering if there was possibly a code or something that could check if no one can login and shut it down. I'm not sure on how I could do this since I'm really not familiar with the process. So if someone could help/show me that would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
should be able to export to world.address and world.topic it back to see if a connection can be made.
In response to Pirion
Yes but how would I go about doing this? I have never used world.topic nor do I know the right way to use it.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with export() or topic() for the world either, but I question why you would want it shut down. What if the player wanted to play their own single-player mode?
In response to CauTi0N
Then they should not open up a port. I'm sure you've run into servers where it is being hosted but due to their firewall you or anyone else was unable to login.
In response to Yash 69
Yash 69 wrote:
Then they should not open up a port. I'm sure you've run into servers where it is being hosted but due to their firewall you or anyone else was unable to login.

Yes, every time I log in. Generally, however, it's to test world.status functions (player count, server time up, game time, etc.)

Anyways, for this code you are looking for, the only thing I can think of would be to check a) for a firewall that would prevent hosting via BYOND, or b) to check the port link assigned, and see what it returns (failed, successful).

In fact this post, while I don't agree with your use for it, does provide an interesting point - is there a way for the game to track if it's being hosted publicly, privately, or not at all?