ID:273706

I was wondering if there's a specific way you go about having an icon show up in an output box? I'm creating a "Class Information" screen in a seperate window, and want the icon for the class to show up on the page next to the details and information, etc. I thought about the \icon macro, but i'm not sure. Any help?
Bump. D:
I think it's frowned upon to bump posts that are made in the same 24-hour period. It might be bumping at all, but I can't remember.

Anyway, why are you asking if you should use the \icon macro before using it, or reading the reference at least? Because the answer is yes. Use the icon macro.

Read the reference ("icon text macro") for more information.
In response to Keeth
Sorry about early bump, but i have a problem, and no one had sorted it yesterday. I had forgotten what time i had posted it, and hadn't looked at the date, which i should have done.

I tested the \icon macro, but it didnt work for me. I know i put "output" in the header, but i didn't necessarily want to use an output box. I realise i should have mentioned that earlier.

What i am trying to make is a "Class Info" window, and i want it to be customisable so that the data can change depending on which class is selected. In this window, i want a picture of what the male and female icon look like to be situated in the top left in their own boxes, named IconM and IconF. What i am wondering is what skin item should i use (output box, grid, etc) and what code i should use to display these icons in the centre of their respective output areas.
In response to SadKat Gaming
If you want to use an interface element, something like a label would probably work... if you want to use a browser, the reference explains how to do that.

I think browse_rsc()ing the icon to the client, and then setting the label's background image to the icon should work. You might need to do something special though. I don't know because I don't work on interfaces often.

Sorry.
In response to Keeth
Ah, found it in the skin reference.

I used the following:
winset(usr, "ClassInfo.IconF", "image='test.dmi'")

Thanks for the pointer to the label though ;)