ID:273774

How would i go about making a bar in the state panel i can make a bar over the players head but i also want to be able to put it in the stat panel. ex: Life: <==(bar)50/50==>
or ex2:Life: 50/50 <==(Bar)==> i would prefer the first example tho
I don't think it's possible to embed bars into statpanels just yet, but eventually we may get that option.
In response to Bravo1
To be honest i dont see why you would.

If your both referring to the "info" panel thing. it looks ugly. i reckon just keep the info panel to text data or something like its meant to. or use the interface better and the ability to create HUD's.. thats just my opinion though so heh
the only way you would be able to do it is to have an object with an icon for the bar, such as a 100 width by 15 height icon or whatever, and then have each icon state in the icon be a different progress of the bar. Then just display the object in the statpanel and change it's icon_state as needed to display different progress. I have never tried this with an icon bigger than 32x32, so I do not know if the statpanel would display the entire icon or not.

EDIT:
For example, with an icon that is 100 pixels wide, you can give it 100 icon states, each one filled by one more pixel than the last
obj/StatBar
icon='bar.dmi' //icon with dimensions of the bar you want

mob/var/obj/StatBar/BAR=new

mob/Stat()
statpanel("TestBar")
BAR.icon_state="[round(100*(health/maxhealth))]"
stat(BAR)