ID:273831

ok So i know your suppose to use some kind of tag or something but how would i code it so when i hit done or w/e on character creation map it teleports my character to the other separate map thats the world.
When you compile your game, all of your maps are combined into one large map, placing them on separate z-levels (in alphabetical order, I believe).

Because of this, it's often easier to use the tag variable to mark locations, rather than trying to figure out their final x,y,z coordinates and keeping them up to date.

To locate a datum with a specific tag, simply use locate(tag). Obviously, tags should be unique.

To set a tag, you can either define it under the type, or set it in the map editor via an instance.

To use it once defined:

mob
Login()
loc = locate("start") // Set the player's location to the object tagged "start"

<edit>
Nevermind, you can't define the tag at compile-time. You'll have to make a map object instance, or as Hazman pointed out, use a specific type of turf instead of tag and locate that.
In response to DarkCampainger
Turfs.dm:15:error: tag: may not be set at compile-time

whats that mean
In response to Xavion_Zenovka
Xavion_Zenovka wrote:
Turfs.dm:15:error: tag: may not be set at compile-time

whats that mean

Oh, it appears I was incorrect. I'm sorry.

You can't set the tag at compile-time (ie hard code it under a type), probably because it's supposed to be unique.

Instead, you'll have to mark an instance.

Go into your map, right-click on the turf you want to set a tag for, select it in the right-click menu, and choose "Edit...". Then scroll down to the "tag" property, double click the value box to the right of it, and enter the name of the tag you want.
You could also just locate() the StartLocation turf (i.e., locate(/turf/StartLocation)), although this would mean you'd need a separate type for every start location you want to use, rather than just a separate instance.
funny u say that cause i did that few secs later and it works good