ID:274189

In case you missed part one of our saga, read all about it here.

Part two finds us once again comparing the musical abilities of my lovely employer-issued Compaq Armada 1750 laptop with anything even remotely decent. This time, I spent a couple hours last night creating this silly little techno-ish ditty for ShapeShifter. It's about the fourth song I've worked on for this game and I think I finally created something that more or less captures the mood I was going for. Except on my crappy laptop. Listen for yourselves (3-4MB each):

Anyone who listens to the second one all the way through is truly a sick, sick individual. My favorite part is how the Taiko Drum sound (big huge booming drum) on the laptop is this little tinky-sounding plink. Either that or the glorious sounds around 3:20 in the song.
Air Mapster wrote:

Part two finds us once again comparing the musical abilities of my lovely employer-issued Compaq Armada 1750 laptop with anything even remotely decent. This time, I spent a couple hours last night creating this silly little techno-ish ditty for ShapeShifter. It's about the fourth song I've worked on for this game and I think I finally created something that more or less captures the mood I was going for. Except on my crappy laptop. Listen for yourselves (3-4MB each):

Anyone who listens to the second one all the way through is truly a sick, sick individual. My favorite part is how the Taiko Drum sound (big huge booming drum) on the laptop is this little tinky-sounding plink. Either that or the glorious sounds around 3:20 in the song.

Hey! Compaq may have broken-down hardware, unbearable built-in software, and crappy tech support, but at least uh... uh... Compaq spelled backwards is Qapmoc! Yeah, you heard me. QAPMOC!
In response to Leftley
Leftley wrote:
Air Mapster wrote:

Hey! Compaq may have broken-down hardware, unbearable built-in software, and crappy tech support, but at least uh... uh... Compaq spelled backwards is Qapmoc! Yeah, you heard me. QAPMOC!

I use compaq, and i have only had one problem. I will agree on the tech support though, i cannot understand mexicans who cannot speak the english language very well. It creates frustration when your box is sitting in front of you with a black screen, and a blinking cursor waiting for you to type something expecting that you know dos(i know a little.) Then when you call tech support, and mexican tells you to type in some words that you have never heard before, causing the computer to crash, (lol).

I think we should hire people who can speak the english language well if we are going to hire someone for a computer job. Especially if its something like tech support, requiring the worker to talk to customers all day long.