ID:274470

After updating my todo list again, I no longer wonder why I have no time and get nothing done. Now if only I didn't need a job to fund this stuff... In no particular order, for your viewing pleasure or boredom:

BYOND
  • Finish ShapeShifter and release new version
    • Fix minor UI issues
    • Revamp scoring
    • Support subscriptions

• Finish abstraction of high score library and release
    • Make most things customizable
    • Provide a special server on my BYOND space that those without BYOND space can register with and use for high score reporting.
      • Need to write this!
      • Provide nice html interface/wizard for registering a game

• Provide hooks for "SafeFile" library later on

• Finish RC5 Encryption library and release
    • Update to use CBC (cipher block chaining) mode instead of ECB (electronic code book)
    • Wait for 32-bit number implementation or release using current 16-bit?
    • Maybe use base64 encoding rather than hexadecimal for output?

• Finish BigNumber library and release
    • Implement multiply, divide, modulo, inverse modulo
    • Test rigorously using outside C implementation for verification

• Implement 32-bit number library to emulate 32-bit long integers
  • Implement other encryption algorithms and add to encryption library
    • RSA public key
      • Implement large prime finding algorithm
      • Implement simple program to generate a public/private key pair
      • Digital signature library?

• IDEA
    • DES, 3DES
    • Blowfish
    • Twofish?

• Implement a few encipherment algorithms just to add to the mix?
  • Implement a few hashing algorithms (MD5, etc) for good measure if nobody beats me to it
  • Write and release "SafeFile" library to provide easy customizable encryption/decryption of savefiles
  • Upgrade high score library to use SafeFile technology (heh) and possibly implement more secure encrypted session key protocol for communication with the server
  • Write and release "CustomPack" library to allow player customization of various game features - graphics, sounds, text strings, etc.
    • Incorporate BYOND's http world.Export and zipfile capabilities
    • Provide a "wizard" for defining and creating CustomPacks

• Write a slew of BYONDscape columns to roughly coincide with the release of the above stuff
    • First column on security and preventing cheating; can write now
    • Next column more specifically on high score saving and preventing cheats; need high score library finished
    • Next column more in depth on encryption, secure communication protocols; need at least some encryption done
    • ...etc...

• Upgrade ShapeShifter to utilize CustomPack Technology. Create a ShapeShifter CustomPack with all new graphics and possibly sounds/music. Available only to subscribers.
  • Upgrade Una with all original graphics and sounds. Possibly look into client.screen display of cards rather than statpanel (not sure if it's beneficial)
  • Upgrade Hog with new graphics and sounds. Use new High Score Technology.
  • Upgrade/revamp Dung-Man to not be so much of a ripoff (even though all graphics were created from scratch). Make it more adventure/quest based than purely board game based. Make the Dung part mean something.
  • Next games in the Shape series:
    • Lines/Mess
    • ElimiShape
    • Connect
    • Slots
    • ...More?

• Finish Draggin' Ballz. Tie in all existing games.
  • Port weight loss scripts to BYOND app
  • Bug Tom about the Mac OS X gui version (yeah right)

BIKE GODS
  • Ack, I'm 4 rides behind on the updates!
    • 2 rides at Crystal Cove: panorama shots got corrupted, need to make do without or go down there and make a new one. This has been my only excuse for putting off updates since Sept.
    • LaVerne/ReVerne in Oct. Waiting on CC.
    • Yucaipa the other week
      • Still need to upload pics to website
      • It would be really cool to figure out some way of accessing the GPS path data and making a map/elevation plot of our route. Included software won't do it, can I reverse-engineer the data file??

• I'm about 10+ movies behind. Finally have the new G4 with lots of disk space, that's no longer an excuse.
  • Finish BIKE WARS by 2005. We'll see.
    • Load old footage from backup CDs
    • Import into iMovie, select good music, arrange clips, make it funny.
    • Lather, rinse, repeat.
    • Upload new movies to the site and update pages

• Redo Kippy movie. The lost Fat footage has been found!
  • DVD project
    • Load all old iMovies from backup CDs or old Mac
    • Make any necessary changes (font sizes, etc)

• Where is Whiting iMovie?? Lost forever? What about original materials?
    • Export for iDVD
    • Backup completed iMovie projects to data DVD-R, delete
    • Draw nifty title screen??
    • Arrange submenus, incorporate all movies
    • Add slideshows of all pictures??
    • Burn test DVD, try out on various DVD players
    • Duplicate, distribute, make millions

• Convert forum to perl, add new features I want
  • Redo graphics? Not sure.
  • Add movies page to list?
  • Update zMac in style of new iMac
  • Go on more rides!

Wedding
  • More work on website
    • Add hotel/etc info to guest page
    • Add more stuff to the registry for people who aren't creative or don't have the balls to get no gift at all

• Get me a wedding band - maybe in similar style to the engagement ring??
  • Complete ceremony choices, discuss with officiant
  • Make ceremony and reception playlists, setup in iTunes
  • Write some original piano music for the ceremony??
    • Need to drag keyboard out of storage

• Get a PA system for music, etc - rent or borrow from Baldwin?
    • Get condenser mic for speaking??
    • Record speaking to DAT for sync with video? (pull DAT out of storage)

• Research and buy DV camera - current leader is Canon Optura 100MC
    • Buy external mic (DM-150?) and firewire cable if necessary
    • Buy tapes
    • Extra battery - long life if possible
    • Figure out who will record ceremony - maybe just leave it on a tripod (borrow from dad), then pass it around for the reception

• Have multiple digital picture takers (my camera, dad's), figure out who
  • Finalize reception details
    • Who will help setup/take down
    • What time to start setup?
    • Finalize food arrangements
    • Get tables/equipment (parents' truck to haul around?)
    • Do we have everything for place settings/centerpiece?
    • Where to put tables, etc

• Choose and order cake - who will pick it up/delivery?/when?
  • Flowers
  • Design and print invitations, get in mail next month
    • Still need address for Nemo

• Design/print/put together programs
  • Finalize arrangements with photographer
  • Honeymoon?? Where?
  • When to pick up tux, dress
  • What is Bev doing for hair/makeup that day...
  • About a billion more things that a guy wouldn't even think about

Music
  • Maybe some day I'll find time to get back to this...
  • Finish about 30 songs, put out a boxed set, become famous and make millions

Other
  • Watch the DVDs we have from Netflix and send them back
  • Get together with friends and play bball, ride, whatever
    • Still need to deliver gift to BootyBoy

• Go to every Clipper home playoff game and every Clipper finals game, home or away
  • Always more!

Am I nuts or what?
Air Mapster wrote:
Am I nuts or what?

I think the marriage part pretty much covers that...
yep... nuts.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Air Mapster wrote:
Am I nuts or what?

Heh, fair enough. That reminds me of something that crossed my mind a while back. How many BYOND users/developers here are married? I can't think of any that I know for sure are (wait, I do know one) but I seem to recall a couple mentions of "the kids" which could (not always) imply marriage.

As I'm planning to join those ranks (happily, mind you) fairly soon, I hope this isn't a bad omen. Is my marriage doomed to failure because of BYOND? Or will I get sucked out of BYOND as a result of getting hitched? I'm sure several will argue for the latter, given various stereotypes and attitudes regarding the big bad M word. But only time will tell if it applies in my specific case...
In response to Air Mapster
Air Mapster wrote:
How many BYOND users/developers here are married?

14 year relationship in which I'm not allowed to get married, however you want to count that.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Air Mapster wrote:
Am I nuts or what?

Air Mapster wrote:
and every Clipper finals game, home or away

The Clippers in the finals? Yeah, he's nuts :)

Though, to be honest, I would love to see that, they are way past due. I'm a 20 year Tampa Bay Bucs fan, so I do understand :)

Air Mapster wrote:

Officially, Ive been married about 4 years... essentially, its been about 13.

As I'm planning to join those ranks (happily, mind you) fairly soon, I hope this isn't a bad omen. Is my marriage doomed to failure because of BYOND? Or will I get sucked out of BYOND as a result of getting hitched? I'm sure several will argue for the latter, given various stereotypes and attitudes regarding the big bad M word. But only time will tell if it applies in my specific case...

Well, being as you already seem to have a pretty full plate, I'm guessing she probably is pretty understanding of that. Assumming she's not giving you grief now, you're probably safe. Now once you have kids, all bets are off. :)

Congrats on the marriage. ;)

Z
Air Mapster wrote:
Deadron wrote:
Air Mapster wrote:
Am I nuts or what?

Heh, fair enough. That reminds me of something that crossed my mind a while back. How many BYOND users/developers here are married? I can't think of any that I know for sure are

Divorced for 5 years now.
In response to Flick
14 year Dallas Cowboys fan! Oh wait, I am 14. :D
In response to Skysaw
Shows how old you are... Sorry about the divorce, that is if you are.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Shows how old you are... Sorry about the divorce, that is if you are.

Nope. Best thing I ever did.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Air Mapster wrote:

14 year relationship in which I'm not allowed to get married, however you want to count that.

I seem to recall same-sex marriages being allowed in Denmark or Holland or something; too bad the West doesn't really follow suit. Not likely, though, considering what history has taught us -- no offense intended, since Canada is just as bad (if not worse).

In any case, I'm not sure whether I want to undergo a Christian wedding or just a plain old town-hall paperwork "yep, your names are changed and you're married" wedding. The Christian wedding is all I know from being brought up in a Christian household and society, but being a professed atheist I find the whole concept superficial and depressingly inane.

I do eventually want to get married to a special girl, if and when I ever find her, though. The concept behind marriage itself is somewhat devoid of purpose as well, but I suspect that if I ever met anyone, I would want at least to make our relationship officially recognised.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
I seem to recall same-sex marriages being allowed in Denmark or Holland or something; too bad the West doesn't really follow suit. Not likely, though, considering what history has taught us -- no offense intended, since Canada is just as bad (if not worse).

I'd say Canada is better. There are major politicians there in favor of gay marriage, which is way ahead of the US.

In any case, I'm not sure whether I want to undergo a Christian wedding or just a plain old town-hall paperwork "yep, your names are changed and you're married" wedding.

Religion aside, I have come to the conclusion that making a big thing out of the marriage process is the way to go. My take is that since these days you have a real choice of whether or not to get married, marriages should be less frequent and should be taken as a serious and special commitment that deserves some ceremony.

They should also be somewhat hard to get out of, and should have some benefits not enjoyed by non-married people (such as the right not to testify against your spouse).

I also think that couples with children should get married, but I'm just old-fashioned that way.