ID:274579

It might just look something like this. (226k, try 2)
Air Mapster wrote:
It might just look something like this. (226k, try 2)

Woah! That is kick ass! If it looks THAT good on a MAC, Dantom needs to do something! I hate the grey interface! That is one beatiful DS!!!
In response to Sariat
I dunno that might take your eye off the game your playing, i dont mind having a plain interface.
In response to Sariat
Hehe. Yes, it would look that good on a Mac, if a port were actually done. Just have a look at http://www.apple.com/macosx/ and you'll see that's simply the way Mac OS X looks. I actually used Apple's free Interface Builder app to do the window layout, then I cheated and pasted in the graphics and text. ;-)

As for the comment that it'd be distracting, I don't find that at all. The fact that the Mac's user interface gets out of my way and lets me work means that I'm more efficient with it than many other operating systems. Not that it couldn't still use some work...

Some day this dream will come true. Some day...
In response to Air Mapster
Air Mapster wrote:
As for the comment that it'd be distracting, I don't find that at all.

Well, having the blue-highlighted tabs and such might not fit with the color schemes of some games...one reason Apple had to provide a more monochromish option (platinum) was because graphics professionals were having trouble color-balancing their work with the easter-eggish colors.

I am a platinum user myself, and kind of wish more of the interface used the setting.

Nonetheless, from experience I can also say it's kind of amazing how hard it is to make a bad-looking interface using Mac OS X. The most mundane controls become 3D drop-shadowed gum-drops, and suddenly your application looks like a professional artist designed it. And often that also translates to easier use -- because of the highlighting, it's easier to see that this part of the window is a panel of sub-options, etc.