ID:2751865

so i don't know why or how but I managed to find Byond in quite an odd way. so to start it off I was reading a neat book called Imposter system and found multiple people comparing it to a game I never heard of, it called space station 13 and after reading a good few chapters in people were still mentioning SS13. I thought i'd google it. low and behold I found a website for SS13 servers and while interested with a small kerfuffle I downloaded Byond and booted SS13. i was completely confused then promptly left, then I tried Sergrogana, and now I'm here, given it's only been a few days, I've been enjoying it.

(it is a game engine right, that's what I've seen people call it)
BYOND's at least 3 things: A game engine, a platform, and a community hub.

Welcome. That's a weird way to wind up here. SS13 is an interesting game with a deep learning curve. I enjoyed the hell out of the old versions of it back in '03-'05, and from what I can see, it's only gotten better. There's a ton of different communities built around it, so you might give a few of them a shot before you decide it's not right for you.
SS13 is relatively easy and hard to learn at the same time. I'm sure that if you try out various servers, you'll find something that works for you. It's a fun game, welcome to the party.