ID:2752754

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
This is a really strange problem - I've been trying to host using DD again(for the first time in a year or two), and my ISP now reports BYOND as torrent-based malware when trying to host from Windows or Linux(Debian 11 and a custom build). Have a business-class account that's not particularly limited in any way and on which torrenting in itself is not a problem with the ISP. I have no idea why this is happening, or how to fix it. Nor am I certain what information to ask for from my ISP to understand why. They actually froze my account temporarily, and tried to tell me I needed to run their proprietary security software on all of my devices - didn't do that, but they think I did.

Any suggestions?
Best response
You need to point them to the site and tell them you're hosting BYOND software, which is neither malware nor torrent-related.

It's vaguely possible your hosting port is one that's freaking them out. Maybe you could try a different port. But honestly I think you should just ask to escalate to someone who knows what they're doing.