ID:2757931

Here's hoping 2022 won't suck as much as the previous two years did. I started it out by getting sick, but hopefully that's a good omen, like running into the minor glitch you were expecting in a rocket launch or a wedding.

One of the first things I did, obviously, was update the date info for the next release, but I also got to work on some bug reports that had piled up. One nasty one appeared mid-week however, and it turned out to be such an extensive change to the compiler that I'm actually not comfortable moving forward with other 514 maintenance stuff till I can test the fix properly. This is turning out to be problematic due to the test case I had, but I'm hoping I can work with the bug reporter to pull something together. One of the other bugs waiting in the wings impacts mouse coordinates for vis-x/y.

But I've been chipping away at 515 as well. I added the ability to add custom procs to /list, even though 1) I know it might actually be easier to do that with global procs, and 2) I can't seem to find the feature request I know was there. Mostly this was an exercise in learning how to do this. I have no current intentions of moving /list in a /datum direction where it can take on custom vars and have various list subtypes, but figuring out how to add procs was an interesting challenge.

I want to get back to UI stuff for 515 soon, since there've been a lot of requests to move the instance editor to a dockable pane on the right-hand side of the map editor, and honestly that's too good an idea to ignore. There are a few things with the instance editor I think could stand to be improved.

But being sick has still taken a slight toll, so although I've gotten some good work done I also feel weirdly behind. I'll get through it, but I'm glad the weekend is here.

I'm grateful to everyone who stepped up late in December to show their support for BYOND, and of course to those bringing their support into the new year. Thank you all for letting this platform keep going.

Next week I hope I'll be feeling better, but it's also gonna be cold as balls early in the week so I can see that having a potential impact on development. Stay safe out there, everyone, stay warm, and above all stay well.
Lummox JR wrote:
...But I've been chipping away at 515 as well. I added the ability to add custom procs to /list...