ID:275829

The story made me want to keep on playing, heck, some of it even made me cry. It is truly one of the best, and I mean BEST games ever.
Second Sight, by Free Radical, also has a great story.

But on RPG terms, Skies of Arcadia, while cliched *cough starwars all the way through*, has some great moments.

Hm.
Personally, I prefer gameplay over storyline, but the story with Zelda: Wind Waker was great.

I'm a Nintendo fan; within 30 seconds of pressing the "on" switch, I can be picking noses, shaking dog's hands, catching toast and balancing on tortoises.
And I love every minute of it.
Story really doesn't matter one jot when you can hear the laughter of three other friends around you, all playing "Crawl Judo" or "Poke the Cat".

*EDIT* However, um, story is important... :)
In response to Elation
Hasth thine Kholint ever play thy FFIX?
If thou has, speakth now!
If you want good storyline in a realtime-strategy genre play Starcraft. Superb storyline and great gameplay. So much so, in fact, that I had to buy both the books for it as soon as I found out they existed. It needs to be made into a movie, as such a movie would rival Star Wars.
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:
Hasth thine Kholint ever play thy FFIX?
If thou has, speakth now!

I hath play-ed thy FFIX, indeed.

I greweth very muchth attachedth toth itth, Itth wasth veryth goodth untilth Ith hadth toth leaveth myth cousinsth houseth, dear Hell Rameneth.

Quite lovely story, actually. Quality gameplay.
The Legend Of Zelda: A link to the past, is the greatest game OF ALL TIME!

And the wind waker was pretty good too, I beat it in a week.
Naw.

FFX > FFIX > FFVII > FFX-2 > FFVIII.
In response to DeathAwaitsU
I hated FFVII, it was like, no story. @_@
It, in my opinion, was the worse FF.
In response to DeathAwaitsU

FFVII > FFIX > FFX > FFVIII > FFX-2
In response to Jermman
Jermman wrote:
The Legend Of Zelda: A link to the past, is the greatest game OF ALL TIME!

And the wind waker was pretty good too, I beat it in a week.

I think you'll love the Minish Cap.

Go buy it.

*edit*

Personally, my favourite Zelda, and there for my favourite game ever, is The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (I have the DX version).

Link goes out and adventures on an island called "Koholint Island"- and due to the limited platform (GB/GBC), they had to inject just PURE un-fancified Zelda into the pak.
In response to Elation
So that's why sometimes I'd typo your name as Koholint and have to retype it. @_@
Actually, Oracle of Seasons was one of my favorite Zeldas.
Hell Ramen wrote:
So that's why sometimes I'd typo your name as Koholint and have to retype it. @_@

Heh, you weren't wrong.

Technically, I was. I had started "www.kholint.tk" and then realised "oh crud!", so I pretend from now on that I've abreviated it. And it's nicer with Kholint, rolls off the tongue easier. Depends on who you are, but I pronounce it: "Co-hol-int".
Some people say it "Coal-hole-lint". Meh.

Actually, Oracle of Seasons was one of my favorite Zeldas.

Interesting, I love the Oracle series- they are like a newer and more polished versions of Link's Awakening. I got Ages first, and fell in love with it, and got Seasons later- but I think I either lost it/gave it back to the person I took it from...Bah. I got a bit of the way through with Seasons, but I think I was busy at the time and couldn't devote my attention to it.

Which is odd, because I completed Minish Cap in one/two weeks, at the same time as doing pretty intense Mock examinations. (2.5 hour English lit exam at 9.00, then 10 minutes break before 40+ min German listening, then 30 mins break before 2 hour Maths Calculator...ack.)
In response to Elation
I should really play Minish Cap. @_@
Hell Ramen wrote:
I should really play Minish Cap. @_@

LIKE UBER YOU SHOULD.

Yeah, I loved it. Although I completed it quickly, it has lovely A Link to the Past spliced with Wind Waker style grapics, which really suit the GBA.
In response to Elation
Koholint Island is actually from one of the earlier Zelda games on the Game Boy (Classic), and had a pretty good storyline.
But Koholint Island disappeared as soon as Link escaped from it by freeing the Wind Fish. Apparently.
<font size=0>FF Tactics (boring...) > FFX-2 (Yuna with a gun? Pfft) > FFX (It would've been the fastest FF game ever completed) > FFVIII (it's a bit slow at the beginning with all the tutorials > FFVII (A truly classic game)</font>
In response to Hazman
Hazman wrote:
Koholint Island is actually from one of the earlier Zelda games on the Game Boy (Classic), and had a pretty good storyline.
But Koholint Island disappeared as soon as Link escaped from it by freeing the Wind Fish. Apparently.

Er, yeah-

Zelda: Link's Awakening, on GB (1991), later coloured in for a 1997 rerelease on GBC.

Koholint island was a "Dream island" in the Dreams of the Windfish. Link adventured around the dream island (after being "shipwrecked" there (in reality, caught in a storm, knocked out, then lay on some driftwood)), attempting to find all the mystical music instruments to eventually play the full "Ballad of the Windfish" to awake the fish from it's giant egg.
(Reference- Zelda: Majora's Mask, 2000. "Ballad of the Windfish" is mentioned, however, it's actual tune is very different to the real Ballad)

I know all about this game- it was my first Zelda game, and took me 3-4 years to complete (I suck at it).
In response to Elation
It could've been a non-dream. Remember the end? :P
Hell Ramen wrote:
It could've been a non-dream. Remember the end? :P

Well yeah, that's one take on it.
Very philisophical, Old-school Zelda :)

Personally, I think that it WAS a dream - but of course, the windfish isn't a part of that dream- it was the dreamer.

The windfish is real.
In response to Elation
And Link somehow got warped into the Dream World, with his physical being?
Hell Ramen wrote:
And Link somehow got warped into the Dream World, with his physical being?

He was sharing the dream, tele-something.

He wasn't actually there, you know he wakes up floating on a plank from his dismembered ship (the lightning storm at the start).
Page: 1 2 3