ID:275900

Alright, some random person just tried to send me a file on MSN called "Webcam". I went suspicious and another person tried to send me a file name called "LOL.scr" so I went even more suspicious and googled it.

It turns out that there is a new MSN worm virus up loose. Please, do NOT open it. It will disable your right-click mouse and you won't be able to use CTRL+ALT+DEL. You won't be able to log in MSN messenger either. I don't think you can even do Start > Run > cmd.exe.

The file names which I know right now which are disguised as the worm
LOL.scr
hahahaha.pif
Webcam.pif
me_2005.pif
Lol.pif
funny.pif

So, just be careful. If you are already infected, just google it and you will find many websites already discussing this matter. :o

~~> Dragon Lord
Yeah, I got it. Then I got rid of it. (don't worry, I *really* got rid of it)

*EDIT*

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/ virus.aspx?id=41541
The moral of the story is never to accept random files sent to you by people that you've never heard of!
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
The moral of the story is never to accept random files sent to you by people that you've never heard of!

Especially if it's called "Me naked", sent to you by a girl in your science class who's slapped you for touching her in the past!
In response to Elation
They can also rename the file.

<<'
In response to Xeal
Xeal wrote:
They can also rename the file.

<<'

Bleh. :/

Oh well, it doesn't seem to be too harmful. My firewall stopped any drastic effects- plus, I rebooted my computer before it could do much that I couldn't undo.
In response to Foomer
Well the thing is that those random people are people on your contact list. If you are infected, you IM every single person on your contact list that file.

So I mis-used the word "random person" ;o

~~> Dragon Lord
In response to Unknown Person
Unknown Person wrote:
Well the thing is that those random people are people on your contact list. If you are infected, you IM every single person on your contact list that file.

Well, then ask people who are sending you stuff what it is they're sending you before you download and open it.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Unknown Person wrote:

Well, then ask people who are sending you stuff what it is they're sending you before you download and open it.

They can't respond, as the worm is wrecking their system. They can't respond, and after a while log out- but some sucker still ends up getting it.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Foomer wrote:
Unknown Person wrote:

They can't respond, as the worm is wrecking their system. They can't respond, and after a while log out- but some sucker still ends up getting it.

If they don't tell you what it is, don't accept it. :P

There is some common-sense factor involved here.
In response to Foomer
You guys are making me want to get the worm just for the fun of it. :o
In response to Hell Ramen
Hell Ramen wrote:
You guys are making me want to get the worm just for the fun of it. :o

You won't do it!
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Elation wrote:
Foomer wrote:
Unknown Person wrote:

If they don't tell you what it is, don't accept it. :P

There is some common-sense factor involved here.

Definately, although I trust the guy who sent it to me, I let me defenses down. Needless to say, I rejected any offers from the other morons on my contact list (Morons are brilliant fun to bait).

4 completely different people tried to send it to me in the space of 30 seconds; how it spreads is amazing. All down to human stupidity, it works wonders.