ID:2760007

Resolved
Projects with a lot of resource files could compile very slowly, especially with automatic FILE_DIR entries and a very large number of resources in the same directory.
BYOND Version:514
Operating System:N/A
Web Browser:N/A
Applies to:Dream Maker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Projects with a lot of resource files can sometimes see very slow compilation, especially with automatic FILE_DIR entries and a very large number of resources in the same directory.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
Projects with a lot of resource files could compile very slowly, especially with automatic FILE_DIR entries and a very large number of resources in the same directory.

This change seems to have broken our build pipelines.

We're seeing a lot of the following:

BUG: Error reading cache data for mob.dmi (0/4096)
src/mob.dm:error: 'mob.dmi': cannot find file
src/mob.dm:error: 'mob.dmi': invalid expression

Reverting to BYOND v514.1575 resolves all of these errors.

Edit: Builds on Windows work fine.
In response to Lavenblade
This needs a new bug report. If possible it would be good to have a small test case that shows the difference between Linux and Windows. I say small because I'm gonna have to run tests on the server so I'd rather avoid having to upload a giant file.

What confuses me about this is I didn't change much at all Unix-specific and what I changed was very simple.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
This needs a new bug report. If possible it would be good to have a small test case that shows the difference between Linux and Windows. I say small because I'm gonna have to run tests on the server so I'd rather avoid having to upload a giant file.

Okay, I'll try and get this done tomorrow.

What confuses me about this is I didn't change much at all Unix-specific and what I changed was very simple.

I'm honestly not sure what caused it, but I'm thinking it's an edge case because we haven't heard anything from SS13.

Do you have an email address that I can use for sending you our project?

I can't make a small test case unless I find a way to reproduce it. The project is under 30 Mb.

I'm able to build other projects on Linux just fine.
You can send me a link via the pager.