ID:276337

In programming, are there different forms of code to use? What I'm tyring to say is, no matter what you are programming, do yo use the same procs and variables for any type of programming or are there different sets of procs and vars for different types of programming. Such as a set for game programming, and another set for a music player. Hope this is clear enough. 0_0
I've never heard anyone scream 'I don't know how to make sense!!!' any louder...

Please, CLARIFY!
Mecha Destroyer JD wrote:
In programming, are there different forms of code to use? What I'm tyring to say is, no matter what you are programming, do yo use the same procs and variables for any type of programming or are there different sets of procs and vars for different types of programming. Such as a set for game programming, and another set for a music player. Hope this is clear enough. 0_0

O.o uhhh different languages have different keywords and such. Also they have different ways to declare variables. As for functions and variables being predefined. That takes a library or dll or some other kind of code. Then again C++ has the main() function which is built into C++ language. At least I think it is. Well yea thats right C++ and other languages have there own functions. But even they are gotten by the #include statements right? Doesn't cout << ""; need a header to be included?

Hope that helps a little. Sorry for not being sure of my self. But I never am.
In response to Green Lime
Well yea thats right C++ and other languages have there own functions. But even they are gotten by the #include statements right? Doesn't cout << ""; need a header to be included?

Yep anything that doesn't highlight blue isn't a keyword built into the language.
In response to Theodis
Assuming you've got a syntax highlighter that colours keywords blue, of course. =)

And C has a very small set of built-in keywords, compared to many languages... so most things do have to be #included! C++ adds a bunch of keywords, but I've never bothered counting how many... if anyone's bored enough to find out, just grab a reference manual. =)