ID:276532

http://www.dragonquest8.com/register.php

This looks legit enough.
But does it submit a bunch of crap, so you get a bunch of junk mail? Or annoying "FREE" packages?

(Also; would you need a MOD chip to play this? Since it IS Dragon QUEST (meaning japeneese))

Has anyone tried this?
Looks legit to me. It looks like they're just marketing it as Dragon Quest now instead of Dragon Warrior for the US, so I doubt you'd need a mod.
It's real. My brother just received it from the mail a few days ago.

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Unknown Person
Did you guys get any more junk mail? Or any phone calls?
Flame Sage wrote:
http://www.dragonquest8.com/register.php

This looks legit enough.
But does it submit a bunch of crap, so you get a bunch of junk mail? Or annoying "FREE" packages?

(Also; would you need a MOD chip to play this? Since it IS Dragon QUEST (meaning japeneese))

Has anyone tried this?

Yes, it is legit.
The reason Dragon Quest was DragonWarrior in the US is because there were copyright/trademark issues, if I recall correctly. I guess since those rights have expired or something, they can now call it Dragon Quest in the states.

I have not tried this, but that is the official DQ8 website.
Cool..Can't wait for it..
In response to Cinnom
Who cares about the demo? Slime keychains are [awesome].
In response to Nesso
If thats the case I hope they rerelease the Dragon Quest games in a collection in the USA.
In response to Shades
DQVII came out very recently on the PS1, I believe. It was possibly four years ago. YOu know, when Dragon Warrior monsters II came out.

Dragon Quest 5 and Dragon Quest 6 were EXCELLENT SNES games, coming out late in the age of SNES. They demonstrate a mastery of the SNES that only Squaresoft and Nintendo itself had before displayed.

I've played every game in the series, Dragon Warrior 1-4, Talon(Tornaeko Daibyuken), Talon II, Dragon Warrior Monsters, Dragon Warrior Monsters I & II (Tara and Cobi, BOTH.), Dragon Quest V-VII, and I can't wait for Dragon Quest VIII to come out in the states. It's gonna be a blast from the looks of things!
In response to Ter13
Actully I used to own Dragon Warrior 7. I got it a week before Xmas in like.. 1998 or 1999 (I think.) I got it for $39.99.

I ended up selling it though, because the game sucked, well in my opinion. And now I regret it, because they are apperently rare and hard to find.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Did you guys get any more junk mail? Or any phone calls?

Not that I know of. There were no junk phone calls, though. I'd have to ask my brother. =P

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Unknown Person
Hmmm Sounds clean..
I doubt SquareEnix would sell out their beta testers list to markers...
In response to Shades
I actually picked up DW7 after I got a PS2, because honestly I was sick of running around in circles to find a pirated copy. I'd like to say I played it a lot more than FFX, but in order to finish DW7 that's a given. :P I'll say I enjoyed it more in the long run though.

I enjoyed it much more on the television than I would have off the computer anyway, though.
In response to Sarm
How long is this demo?
Whew, I almost paid 5 bux for the demo disc!
:(. America only.
In response to Derekjeterisgod
Derekjeterisgod wrote:
Whew, I almost paid 5 bux for the demo disc!

Yea whats the word on shipping and handling, any one know?
In response to Green Lime
Ungo! I didn't even think about that. ;(
In response to Flame Sage
I'm pretty sure it's free. There would be a warning otherwise.
Man... is it just me... or does:

King Trode look like Yoda

The Hero look like Gohan

Angelo look like Trunks

Just a thought.
Page: 1 2 3