ID:2765350

Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
A native proc or even just a variable on the client itself to check if it's a guest or a logged in user would clean up some external authentication nastiness.
this would be lovely instead of just having to check guest- as part of the ckey, which is not the correct subset
bumping again
related: http://www.byond.com/forum/post/272477#comment1228220

Although it's not strictly documented anywhere, any key that starts with "Guest" (or ckey that starts with "guest") can safely be treated as a guest key. You don't need the dash since it would be stripped away by ckey, and ckeys are unique (no two different keys can have the same ckey).
More specifically, a guest key will always be Guest-[computer_id]
But we do know under some rare circumstances that computer_id can be the same for two different users.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
More specifically, a guest key will always be Guest-[computer_id]
We've come across circumstances where this isn't true.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Although it's not strictly documented anywhere, any key that starts with "Guest" (or ckey that starts with "guest") can safely be treated as a guest key. You don't need the dash since it would be stripped away by ckey, and ckeys are unique (no two different keys can have the same ckey).
This excludes valid player ckeys.
In response to Zewaka
No valid player ckey starts with "guest", though... unless?
I just checked, and it looks like you can make keys that begin with Guest.
Can you? I was trying earlier and it wouldn't let me. Perhaps it only blocks it if it's followed by a hyphen.
Anyway, even if there is a foolproof method based on key, it would still be good to have a proper built-in check.
Bump