ID:276565

Well, I installed a program that would rip stuff off of DVD's, and it didn't really work. I tried taking the DVD out when it was done but the drive wouldn't open. I system restored because this has happened to me before when I tried to make a copy of Halo for PC (guess the legality thing came back and bit me in the ass). So after I restored I tried to eject again, but it wouldn't eject. I checked My Computer and the space where my E drive should be is empty, and in Device Manager there is no DVD drive installed on my computer. I tried the pinhole thing, but for some reason the button is missing inside for me to poke. I restored again to an early point but still have this problem, anyone know how I can fix it and not let my dad find out? I think I just might open it up my computer, get my DVD and fix the DVD problem later.
The Molex wire is probably loose inside the tower. Open it up (make sure the computer's off) and find the wire that is pluged into the drive (or supposed to be). Plug it out and plug it in. Turn the computer on and see what happens.

If it still doesn't work, make sure the drive is installed and/or the computer recognizes it.
Completely off topic, but if you wish to make copies of PC games, you should really try GameDrive. I made a image copy of my halo disc so I wouldn't have to worry about carrying it around. As was said there, check the molex wire.
In response to Soccerguy13
The free Demon-tools works better :P.

Check all the wires first, and then reload the drivers. see if that helps.
Well, thanks for your advice guys, but it turns out there was a very simple solution, just restart ^_^. I figured everytime I restored counted as if I were restarting my computer but apparently it didn't. Thanks for your advice.
In response to Data-Con
Sounds like it was the drivers, otherwise i think we were all taking for granted that you were restarting..