ID:276650

It would be cool if all the people on byond who have mario kart ds and a usb wifi connector to play against each other in a tournament...to see who is the best Mario Kart DS player on byond o_O

Just and idea..
Just and idea..

Would be fun though a bit hard to set up the matches as you don't have too much control over the players the WFC selects.
In response to Theodis
Unless you contacted Nintendo to set something up for a BYOND Mario Kart DS Tournament. Just an idea..
While I like to consider myself a good Mario Kart player, I probably would not do well in multiplayer.

I like to go for all or nothing, so I usually take a lot of risks to shave a few seconds off. Because I try to be so perfect every time, I mess up a lot and end up having to restart the race. This is fine in single player where you can just quit and re-enter, but I don't think other people would want to restart every time I screw up. ;)

As an example for the risks I take, I try to fit in power-slide turbo-boosts at every possible spot. This gives me many stars when it all works out, but too often plants me face first into a wall or dropping like a rock over a cliff when I don't execute the perfect maneuver required to make the boost in turns that weren't meant for it.

Either way, it would still be fun. Perhaps we should make a thread similar to the "What PC multiplayer games do you have?" one but restrict it to video game consoles.

[link] in case you haven't seen the thread I mentioned.
In response to Loduwijk
I like to go for all or nothing, so I usually take a lot of risks to shave a few seconds off. Because I try to be so perfect every time, I mess up a lot and end up having to restart the race. This is fine in single player where you can just quit and re-enter, but I don't think other people would want to restart every time I screw up. ;)

That's why you practice until you can do it consistantly. With powersliding and snaking on some courses I can maintain the boost for the entire course and most others I can keep it up most of the time. Though I'm still working on getting all the stars as it feels more like I'm just repeating the grand prixs over and over until I manage to get through without getting bombarded by too many red and blue shells.
In response to Theodis
If you have friend codes, then you can race with just your friends. I don't know for sure, since I just raced with Hell Ramen, but I think you can choose your friend oppents too.
In response to Shades
i know for sure im the best Mario Kart ds Player in byond ^^
In response to Fire Dynasty
Fire Dynasty wrote:

Well that depends.

Ive been really ripping up the track latley and I even over lapped Ramen a few times.

Granted he just got the game.

I still need to pratice my snakeing though.
In response to Shades
_>
He beat the living **** out of me.

Who else have you played that uses BYOND :P?
In response to Dragonslayer4000
LOL, ya right.
Whats your record then? Mine is :

147-75(Without snaking)

I'm learning snaking now, so I can anti snake if I ever need to.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Dunna well challange me any time,
User Name: Nasty Fire
Friend Code: 068781847833
127 (wins) - 59 (losses)
Wanna race sometime?

In response to Nesso
Sure..Here's mine

MOS JDI

Join the MOS Clan!
In response to Sniper Joe
where do u get a wifi connector
Whoever Kuehu w/e just got beaten ;) nice playin ya.
I got mine from play-asia because usb connectors are not out in uk when i bought mine.
I'm learning snaking now, so I can anti snake if I ever need to.

Learning to snake is like learning to play chess. Just because you know how to play chess doesn't mean you can play decently against someone who is good at it. If you are going to snake against someone who snakes all the time you won't do too well just knowing how to do it. If you want to actually effectivly snake you need to do it constantly so it becomes second hand nature and you do it without concious thought just like you do with your standard powerslide turbo. If you don't then you'll lose to a real snaker.
I am the best Mario Kart DS player on BYOND.

However, I do not have WiFi.

~Kujila
Page: 1 2 3 4