ID:276801

i made a post earlier but i think it got deleted. what happened? if i am breaking the rules please tell me and i wont do it again. the post was about how seika is open source now and i want to organize people to work on it. what did i do wrong?
Its obviously an april fools joke, did you even download it?
Who's dumb?

(laughs)
I don't think we would ever make Seika, or any of our games open source. Sorry bud.
Where did it say it was open sourced? I just wanna see that post/announcement..
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Mecha Destroyer JD wrote:
Where did it say it was open sourced? I just wanna see that post/announcement..

http://www.members.byond.com/Iccusion_Entertainment
One, it's April 1st.
Two, nice try, but why would an account just forged today be trying to spread Seika around? Failure number two :P

You guys did have me going for one second before I remembered that it wasn't March anymore.
In response to Digital Samurai
Digital Samurai wrote:
I don't think we would ever make Seika, or any of our games open source. Sorry bud.

it says right here on the iccusion entertainment page that seika has gone open source with a link to the source.

http://members.byond.com/Iccusion_Entertainment

update: i have more code done and systems like items and equipping are in as well. there are four classes such as thief mage warrior and cleric but i could use help with more features. open source means that its open to all to help so other people should post in here and say that they want to help.
In response to Derekjeterisgod
Heh, that was a nice prank.
update: after quite a bit of work put into the original seika source code released i am proud to announce the first live test of version 1. all are welcome to bug test and contribute to the growth of what is going to be the best 2d rpg byond will ever see

http://games.byond.com/hub/BYOND/ Raw;view=live;world_name=Seika+open+source+v0.1

edit:
action shot!
http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/9155/seika8rj.jpg

edit2:
okay the test is over but nobody showed up. i think this is because of windows firewall but i unblocked it when it asked me if i wanted to. everything is running ok so all we need to work on now is content. soon enough seika open source will be better than the real thing
In response to Sephiroth-001
It's good to see the gameplay and graphics are faithful to the original.
They actually gave out some of the src? I thought it was a complete joke....Somebody further elaborate..
Mecha Destroyer JD wrote:
They actually gave out some of the src? I thought it was a complete joke....Somebody further elaborate..

The guy is either:
A) Retarded
B) Creating a joke out of a joke
or
C) ...Retarded
In response to SuperAntx
Yeah I'm thinking C. which confused me..
In response to Digital Samurai
That's probably for the better. We don't need an alternative to zeta. Sure, your coding practices may be better, but it will still be widely ripped.
In response to Thorg
Thorg wrote:
It's good to see the gameplay and graphics are faithful to the original.

yeah we are trying to make it true to the original seika. this means we will use all the unique items and monsters and locations of the real seika. i want to get in contact with aaiko and ask for the original content so that seika open source can be true to the seika universe that we all love.
Seika will never be open source. It was a joke, so you might as well give up now.
Yay autism?

I seriously can't tell if this guy is being serious, and is... er... well, just another BYONDer that still hasn't figured out the developer forums exist...

Or, less likely, if he's trying to draw more attention to this obvious april fools prank, and to prank more people... Though, notedly, the second year in a row they've pulled this same prank. ;P

Maybe we all ought to back off and let him do his thing... He seems content... Even if he's got no source to work with... He seems to think he's put work into it already...

So... Uh... Chalk another post up for locking?
In response to Ter13
I was fooled up until I saw [56K gets ripped]. That's a trend from another forum, and a recently banned member there used the exact same username. (Besides, there are no embedded images which is what would call for a 56K warning in the first place)

Except THAT guy used proper capitalization and whatnot...

I think it's one April Fools prank playing off of another.

Edit: Thre's also the issue of having seen Seph's keyname logged into Converse. I follow it and find 3 other people who attend the same forum. Hmm...
In response to Sarm
Sarm wrote:
Edit: Thre's also the issue of having seen Seph's keyname logged into Converse. I follow it and find 3 other people who attend the same forum. Hmm...

There are no other forums- what you see is an illusion. Abandon all hope ye who enter.
Page: 1 2