ID:276875

Is there no news in the future about a new Sega console? Or are they just going to produce games...
Sega is Nintendo's bitch now.

Nobody buys Sega consoles anyway.
In response to Elation
Unless your talking about Crazy Taxi arcade version. :P
In response to Elation
Actually, Sega develops for all the systems, but they nolonger make their own. They realized that it was nolonger possible for them to compete in the current market. The dreamcast was too much of a failure for them to keep up to todays standards.
Yes, after Dreamcast they decided to only make games and not systems..
In response to Scoobert
I still don't see why...the Dreamcast was fun, and had great graphics...
In response to Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe wrote:
I still don't see why...the Dreamcast was fun, and had great graphics...

and with SA1/2 you could put your Chao in the memory card and take them for walks! I thought that was really clever =)
In response to JMT
Yeah I loced that along with the Power Stone mini games you could play..Thing is, the batteries didn't last too long and they cost about $5 each..0_0
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
And you had about 30 secs to change batteries before the data deleted.
In response to Elation
I bought them...all of them. And I enjoyed each and every one of them! <3 SEGA =)
In response to SSJ Radditz
Ugh...

I had a Genesis (which was cool, of course), to which I added the Sega CD (which was also cool)...

Then, I bought the 32x at the full $250 retail price...

Then, they stopped producing games for the 32x, dropped support for it, and lowered the price to like $50...

I hate them...lol
Sega was bought out by another company and is now part of Sega-Sammy Holdings. I think that was the name of it. Anyway, this new bastardized company is only a game development company.

Poor Sega. Sega was always ahead of the curve in their prime, but with the odd flop of the Sega Saturn they were left crippled. The Sega Saturn was the system of that console generation that I wanted most, though I never did get one since I couldn't afford it at the time. I still want one though; I should look around on ebay.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Yeah, I also paid retail for the 32X....except mine didn't work! Haha. We could never figure out what was wrong with it. But eh, I didn't care much. I threw it back in the box and started playing Street Fighter some more. Haha.
I still have the master system. The old rectangular one.
In response to Fire Dynasty
I got the extension to play those carts for my Genesis.
In response to RedlineM203
I still remember that ninja game i had...and that motor bike game LOL, fun those days.
In response to Loduwijk
I still have mine. =) Let's just say to today's standards, Sega Saturn is still very nice for it's time. If anyone remembers the game called "Night" then they know what I'm talking about. =)
NiGHTs Into Dreams...

Good times, good times.
In response to Ol' Yeller
Very good times. =)
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
The Sega Saturn was the system of that console generation that I wanted most, though I never did get one since I couldn't afford it at the time.

Same here. I loved Nintendo and if I had to choose a side at that time I would have taken Nintendo, but appart from the Nintendo 64 I've never wanted a console at release more than the Sega Saturn. Like you though the price was just out of my league.

I eventually got one with Virtua Cop 2 (plus two guns), Street Fighter II DX Turbo Alpha (or some rediculous variation of that), a racing game (with wheel) and some other decent games. It was great and all but by that it was all so old that it couldn't really compete with the rest of my games (that and I'd put so much money into the arcade version that I could finish VirtuaCop 2 blindfolded).
Page: 1 2