ID:276896

Ok...I bought World of Warcraft a while back..kinda stopped playing, but now I wanna get back into it, and I want my friend to play also. I heard about free private servers...I found one, but to play do I have to still pay? And do I still need a serial number or Official WoW Account?
Usually, you just create an account at the private server's website, and you are good to go. I would highly reccomend you pay for the regular realms. Just certain aspects like population, drop rates, experience rates, and lack of administration could definitely make the game less interesting and fun.
wowstatus.net has info on this question.
In response to Soccerguy13
Soccerguy13 wrote:
Usually, you just create an account at the private server's website, and you are good to go. I would highly reccomend you pay for the regular realms. Just certain aspects like population, drop rates, experience rates, and lack of administration could definitely make the game less interesting and fun.

Are you joking? There are always people on private servers. And the ones I used to play on always had a admin around that ould help out.

Besides, have you ever played WOW? The orgial one could be tweaked. Ive played a private server with a little bit higher drop rates and exp rates and I found it MORE enjoyable then the offical server.
In response to Shades
Yeah, but usually Private Servers are broken. I remember I played a RO Private Server(I think it was AERO, not sure), and I killed one monster, and my base level went up to 33 and class level went up to 103. Fun at first, but then it gets boring
In response to Dead_Demon
Yeah, and they are down more often than they were up. I played one of rhe larger free servers for a while(Envy, they changed it now). They stayed up usually 5x longer than eithers, but the server would still go down 5-6 hours on end.
In response to XzDoG
I have the WoW version 1.10, and there aren't any private servers for it. Where can I find a download link for any version below 1.10?
In response to Zaole
Off topic: Zaole what servers do or did you play on? this is Covering Fire (lost my Pword)
No. But WoW private servers are tiny and poorly made.

The biggest one I've seen has only had 100-130 users on at once.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
No. But WoW private servers are tiny and poorly made.

The biggest one I've seen has only had 100-130 users on at once.

~Kujila

The problem with larger servers is lag. I play on a server that if 20 people are online, ive got 60 ping. If 80 people are online ive got more like 300. If 120 people are on it can go up to 600.
In response to Shades
Well, that depends if you count 47 hours of my week as WoW time, yes.
In response to Soccerguy13
Wow, get a life.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Wow, get a life.

Thats what i said to my brothers but they dont :P

Let me try and explain how much they play...

Each day they play probably 8 hours or so, and they do that maybe 6 out of 7 days in the week soo, they play in total every week

*uses maths!*

48 hours!
Which is two days! So out of the 7 days in the week they are playing WoW for two of them, isnt it sad how people can get so addicted to something that is so incredibly repative and even annoying(i've heard my brothers bitching about it so much, its a wonder they dont stop playing)

Ehhh, when will the world realize WoW is stupid

EDIT: Yeah forgot to post about private servers, most of the ones i've played on have died pretty quickly or i've had a bad ping. I've set up a server a couple of times but i must say its pretty buggy and gets extremely boring after a while, which helps if you dont want to play WoW for real. I played on a private server for a while and i got sick of it and i tried to play WoW for about 30 minutes and got bored of it so it sort of makes you resistant :P

<font color="green">Please don't use foul language on the forums, masked with asterisks or otherwise. Thanks. --Moderator</font>
In response to Critical
I played for awhile, I only played for maybe an hour
In response to Critical
A. Cursing is not allowed on the forums, putting a * in it just proves that you knew it was wrong in the first place.
B. Some people like to play games to pass the time, and feel like they have done something constructive.

I play WoW about 8 hours a week, tops. I enjoy my time playing, but couldn't see playing any more. I jump on with a few real life friends and we play for a few hours. Simple concept, no? Because it has hard for us to hang out in real life(due to the tons of factors involved), we hang out in a game. We run though, completing quests (most of which are made for people 3-5+ our level, but we know how to play), and feel like we have done something at the end of the day, even if we have not.

Yes, 48 hours a week is excessive, and you wouldn't catch me playing a game that much, but not everyone is me, and I accept that fact.
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
A. Cursing is not allowed on the forums, putting a * in it just proves that you knew it was wrong in the first place.
B. Some people like to play games to pass the time, and feel like they have done something constructive.

Yeah but the point im trying to make is that its not constructive :P. Its a game and everyone likes to play a game every so often to relax and get away from the real world but when people are so obssesed that they would rather be in this fake world then the real world its sort of sad
I play WoW about 8 hours a week, tops. I enjoy my time playing, but couldn't see playing any more. I jump on with a few real life friends and we play for a few hours. Simple concept, no? Because it has hard for us to hang out in real life(due to the tons of factors involved), we hang out in a game. We run though, completing quests (most of which are made for people 3-5+ our level, but we know how to play), and feel like we have done something at the end of the day, even if we have not.

Yes, 48 hours a week is excessive, and you wouldn't catch me playing a game that much, but not everyone is me, and I accept that fact.

I've seen both sides of WoW players, there are some like you who only play a small amount and are pretty cool but anyone who plays more than 20 hours a week i tend to find become extremely arrogant after starting playing WoW and diss everyone who doesnt play and act really cold to them.
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:

I've seen both sides of WoW players, there are some like you who only play a small amount and are pretty cool but anyone who plays more than 20 hours a week i tend to find become extremely arrogant after starting playing WoW and diss everyone who doesnt play and act really cold to them.

How many people have you seen more than just one time that play for 20+ hours a week? Just your 2 or 3 brothers, out of the hundreds of people who do?

Way to stereotype.
In response to Zaole
[Post edited for lack of content and swearing --Alathon]
In response to I AM TUNA
... I don't think there is a place for you on these forums..
In response to I AM TUNA
Please find other venues for posts of such a nature;

Thank you.
Page: 1 2