ID:276938

http://bink.nu/Article7370.bink

I've also been reading around on some hardware/software forums... and it seems that quite a few people have noticed slowdowns in their internet when Vista was released publically.

Thoughts anyone?
I doubt this is true. Knowing how networks work(basicly), this is just not true at all. My guess is that microsoft might have slowdowns with the microsoft.com website, and possibly some other sites hosted in the same network(MSN/Hotmail). Because this is microsoft, they forgot that they aren't the entire internet, and so they figured that Microsoft.com/MSN/Hotmail websites slowing down is the same as the internet slowing down.
I was downloading Vista at 400kb from their site when they first released Beta 2. That's a normal speed for me, I didn't notice any other slowdowns.
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
I doubt this is true.

Agreed. The MS representative quoted there is talking complete bull.
Haha, what rubbish.
Even if it was true im sure they could deploy more cables around the world to compensate. Like for example going to AUSTRALIA. :P
In response to Critical
"Agreed. The MS representative quoted there is talking complete bull."

Can you say marketing scheme?
In response to Jerico2day
Since when is that good marketing though?

Microsoft: "Our product kills the internet."

Customer: "I'll take three!!!"

Also, if you're going to reply with a quote, try replying to the post that you're quoting... there's even a Reply with Quote button that does the copying and pasting for you!
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Also, if you're going to reply with a quote, try replying to the post that you're quoting... there's even a Reply with Quote button that does the copying and pasting for you!

Good point.. I'm used to normal forums, where there's no reply with quote:P

Anyways, think of it this way..

Our product's so popular it's slowing down the internet;)
Popular != good.

I agree that a marketing department would attempt to equate the two, though. Probably quite successfully.
In response to Crispy
"Over a million people have switched already..." I hear this on commercials all the time. That is a favorite among marketers.
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
"Over a million people have switched already..." I hear this on commercials all the time. That is a favorite among marketers.

How is that even legal? Arn't they basicly lieing to you?
In response to Flame Sage
Well, it currently is not being used as marketing, at least formally. Right now, they are just wrong, not lieing, at least in the eyes of the law.
In response to Scoobert
I would believe a million have tried it out. Switched over? Ya right
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
I doubt this is true. Knowing how networks work(basicly), this is just not true at all. My guess is that microsoft might have slowdowns with the microsoft.com website, and possibly some other sites hosted in the same network(MSN/Hotmail). Because this is microsoft, they forgot that they aren't the entire internet, and so they figured that Microsoft.com/MSN/Hotmail websites slowing down is the same as the internet slowing down.

Hahaha...silly Microsoft and its over-inflated ego
I didn't mean that for Vista specificly, I mean in general. I hear cell phone commercials, Cable commercials, and a lot of other businesses using the same tactic.