ID:277408

Some one hacked my key Jimmythijs and put it on his email adress and i want it back he mostly uses it on ClanDBGT 2 - 2.6 and if i dont get it back i want my 15$ for byond sub back. mail me [email protected].
It's your own fault for not making your key's password not hard to guess. Why should BYOND pay your money back for your own stupidity?

Take it to the support forum.
They can't 'Change the email' They need you're email address + Password for it or they have to try codes from 11111 to 99999 because you have to put in the code that gets sended to you.
In response to Flame Sage
Since when do we have a support forum?
In response to Koil
Keys don't get hacked, but you can lose a key by being careless about giving away the password or by choosing a really bad password.

If you have an issue like this, bring it to the help center. We don't handle this stuff on the forums.

Lummox JR
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Since forever.
http://games.byond.com/support/support.cgi

Actually..We've never had a support forum but we've had a support form as you posted..You made a slight typo in your last post..XD
You don't get a refund from your ISP if your computer gets hacked.

Same goes for this.
In response to Miles_Edgeworth
Miles_Edgeworth wrote:

Same goes for this.

Its all human error.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Miles_Edgeworth wrote:

Same goes for this.

Its all human error.

That I know. However, as humans, we also have to assume our errors and their consequences. That I think, nobody can really disagree on.

I do tech support for an ISP, and you can probably just imagine how many customers are demanding retribution to us for booboos they made to their computer due to lack of knowledge, or even due to carelessness, for that matter. In the end, if they don't learn the hard way, they'll always try to go for the easy way out in which they won't have to face the music.
In response to Miles_Edgeworth
Miles_Edgeworth wrote:

I think the BYOND Staff might appreciate you not dictating their policy here. The odds of getting a refund (or getting the key back) are probably very dependant on whether or not he can offer any proof that he is the legitimate owner of the key.
"Some one hacked my key Jimmythijs and put it on his email adress and i want it back he mostly uses it on ClanDBGT 2 - 2.6 and if i dont get it back i want my 15$ for byond sub back. mail me [email protected]."

Does anyone else suspect a desperate attempt to revenge a player that killed them int he game? :P. Or an attempt to get access to a higher level character?
TheChaos_weeds wrote:
i want my 15$ for byond sub back. mail me [email protected].

Ahahahaha, fat chance. You shouldn't have given out the password/so easy to guess.
In response to Anthony7
Good point the only way we us normal users could know if he is the real owner is if a staff member looks at his logs and see the ip address differences.

Otherwise we are just shooting in the dark.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
I think the BYOND Staff might appreciate you not dictating their policy here. The odds of getting a refund (or getting the key back) are probably very dependant on whether or not he can offer any proof that he is the legitimate owner of the key.

Indeed.

Issues of this kind should be taken up with the support form, not here. Thread closed.