ID:277423

Whenever I try to open a folder, I get this:

I have to right click and then go to "Explore" to open up folders, the open command isn't even there. I have no idea how it happened. Does anyone have any idea on how I could fix this?

Edit: Also, I've tried System Restore twice, restored back to two separate days, and both restorations failed. I am currently scanning my computer for viruses using AVG Free Edition.
Try associating the folders with explorer.exe. It can be found in your windows folder.
In response to Danial.Beta
Danial.Beta wrote:
Try associating the folders with explorer.exe. It can be found in your windows folder.

From what it seems is that the "always associate this file" is disabled. If that stays disabled even if he does select explorer.exe then he may take a long time to actually sift through his files.
This did the trick. Thank you!
In response to Data-Con
Well, I have a feeling that wont be 100% good for you. That is very weird that explorer would unassociat itself with folders. I always assumed that folders were hardcoded into explorer. I mean, why not?
Danial.Beta wrote:
Well, I have a feeling that wont be 100% good for you. That is very weird that explorer would unassociat itself with folders. I always assumed that folders were hardcoded into explorer. I mean, why not?

Something probably made it not be associated.

Though this is a very unique thing I have never heard of though.