ID:277560

I was hoping maybe that we could set up a BYOND Game of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. I know that Airjoe has it, and a few other BYONDers. Maybe we could go get a group together?

If you want to join up, reply here! Contact details would be appreciated! (This may or may not belong in the Gaming forum. Please move it for me if it does not belong here)
I'm a fan of other Sid Meiers games, and I've heard of Alpha Centauri, but I've never played it. I'd be interested in giving it a try. (I assume this is a BYOND game by your description)

--Vito Stolidus
Wow, I love that game. I got it somewhere, but I'll have to find it.
In response to Vito Stolidus
Nono, it's a Firaxis game. Pretty old school but still kick ass.
In response to Vito Stolidus
Vito Stolidus wrote:
I'm a fan of other Sid Meiers games, and I've heard of Alpha Centauri, but I've never played it. I'd be interested in giving it a try. (I assume this is a BYOND game by your description)

--Vito Stolidus

Nah, it's an industry game.

Picture Civilization, but instead of researching technologies to get different units, you research technologies to get different unit parts to build units. It's otherwise exactly like Civilization. I always thought it was strange that Alpha Centauri got such rave reviews considering that almost everyone who bought it had already bought it before. =)

(Incidentally, your email link should be
<a href="mailto:[email protected]">Vito Stolidus</a>

...and not:

<a href=mailto:"[email protected]>Vito Stolidus</a>

)
In response to Jtgibson
I know hthe basic premise of Alpha Centauri... but he made it sound like someone made a BYOND clone.

And thanks about the link.

--Vito